new spoiler for the Boss

cobra1718

Established Member
And to start its not the pedestal spoiler that everybody is changing to. I really dont like the CS/LS, premium spoiler. I like most didnt care much for the small spoiler so I went ahead and got the GT500 spoiler which in my opinion is the best looking choice. Also finished the ford racing brake ducts. Few pics for you guys.

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0393-1.gif

Last edited:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Nice. I was originally going to install the GT500 spoiler and then I found out the LS rear spoiler (along with the Boss/CS front valance) was designed for the Boss project from the get go. Go bold and paint the Gurney flap CO. :-D

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks good, I had a gt500 spoiler off my buddies gt500 to go on my boss. After setting it on there thought it looked way to bulky not body colored. Went with RTR rear instead. After seeing yours though I like it a lot!

Last edited:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Looks awesome...you just sold me on the GT500 spoiler. I'm not a fan of the pedestal (aka V6 spoiler) either...LOL

Is there any additional drilling required to fit the GT500 spoiler?

gkviper192

Established Member
No fits in the same holes

are you sure because American Muscle's site says otherwise? I hope you are right but this is straight from their site,

"Covers Factory Holes. This GT500 style rear spoiler covers the existing holes left in the trunk lid by the stock wing, and does not block the view of factory third brake light. The wing installs easily with a combination of hardware and 3M automotive bonding tape (included). Drilling of two (2) new holes is required for installation."

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
are you sure because American Muscle's site says otherwise? I hope you are right but this is straight from their site,

"Covers Factory Holes. This GT500 style rear spoiler covers the existing holes left in the trunk lid by the stock wing, and does not block the view of factory third brake light. The wing installs easily with a combination of hardware and 3M automotive bonding tape (included). Drilling of two (2) new holes is required for installation."

Mine went right on through the existing holes. I would give them a call as maybe that pertains to a car that may not have an OE spoiler already?:shrug:

OP, car looks great.

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I think the key word is in the description..."This GT500 style rear spoiler.." Meaning this isn't a factory GT500 spoiler American muscle has. Maybe this is why you have to drill for theirs. OP didn't say where he purchased his at but I would assume it is probably factory since it fit existing holes. I could be wrong though.

cobra1718

Established Member
To clarify this spoiler I have installed was indeed bought from AM pre-painted. It is not the OEM GT500 spoiler but actually the 3D Carbon spoiler. I repeat you do not have to drill new holes in your trunk lid!! The new spoiler sits in the same holes as your stock Boss spoiler or GT spoiler. The only time you would have extra holes is when you are taking off a pedestal spoiler (which requires 8 holes) If anybody have any questions let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread