New Spark plugs when installing Pulley?

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
I am going to a 2.76RR pulley and idler with a reflash tune. My cobra is an "early build". Do i need to change out my plugs to hotter/colder or re-gap the plugs that are in there?

If i do need new plugs please make suggestion

Thanks for the help

Bryan

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
It would be better to change out your plugs(cooler range), but do it before you get it tuned...TR6s work well for some, others detest them...Denso IT22 will work fine for your boost #s too...There are a couple more sparkplug options available, just personal preference...Good Luck.

-pete:coolman:

MikeW

Established Member
I have heard that the 1st run 03 plugs were cooler plugs than the later runs. I have a buddy that has been running a 2.93 pulley and other mods with a 1st run 03 and his A/F is fine and it has been that way for 2 years and 10,000 miles. I'd check the A/F on a dyno with the stock plugs and go from there. Aks your tuner because plugs are cheap and motors are mucho $$.

MikeW

Established Member
Originally posted by Mint Julep
Run Autolite AR103 racing plugs - they're 2 heat ranges cooler and they're cheap.

Mint

I believe that is what the 1st runs came with.... Now I'm gonna have to look again..

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
NGK tr-6s are cheap and race proven, I switched from the Densos and haven't looked back. I'm doing a 2.8 and looking at 460rwhp and 470lbsft torque. With my 14 psi I'm doing a .038, with your 2.76 you may hit 16 and I'd consider going .035, just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Thanks guys, i will pick up a set of the NGKs and bring with me just incase. i have heard the first run plugs are colder...we will see once it gets on the Dyno

Bryan

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Plugs on the Cobra were:

AGSF12 FM1
AGSF22 FM1
ASGF32 FM1

The lower the number the colder the plug. I think the first run Cobra's had the 12's and Ford replaced them with a hotter plug. Mine is a 3rd run YDH1 and came with the 22's. I replaced them with the NGK TR6 plugs.

If you have the AGSF12 FM1 that is plenty cold for a pulley'd Cobra. Anything else you may want to look into a colder plug.

Users who are viewing this thread