New sound system, battery wont hold a charge

GoingBIG

Established Member
Title says it all upgraded all the speakers and a beefy sub. Then took the car out for a rip test out the new speakers, turn it off she died. Boosted runs fine drive around for 30 minutes (no more music) and she dies and wont start after i turn it off.

Is it just the 14yr battery giving out?

Or more expensive? :(

MG0h3

Established Member
Need more details. You said turn it off she died. Like immediately you had a no crank situation?

Guessing you had the battery terminals off during the install?

If you shut the car off and it immediately wouldn’t crank, I’d check your bat terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
My guess would be the battery and it's just a coincidence it happened with the stereo install. You can have it tested at a place like Autozone.

GoingBIG

Established Member
Ya when its running it runs fine second i turn it off shes toast. Boost it runs fine till i turn it off. Terminals look fine cuz she starts easily once boosted. And i mean immediately if i turn off she wont turn back on only like 2 clicks then nothing

GoingBIG

Established Member
Gonna pick one up today. Maybe turn that system up and jam on it a few times and **hopefully** its just was an old battery and not the system out running the alternator. Cheers guys thanks. Ill be back if it does it again haha :D

Users who are viewing this thread