New sound file of FR500 exhaust with headers

cobrabruce

Established Member
I updated my sound file to include an example of the FR500 cat-back with long tube headers and H-pipe with high flow cats. If anyone would like to hear it send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. 1,699KB in mp3 format.

cobrabruce

Established Member
Wow, this sound clip is ending up more in demand than I thought it would be. So here is a description of what exactly the clip is so I don't have to explain it with every reply.

The clip is three parts, stock '03 Cobra exhaust, stock '03 Cobra exhaust with FR500 cat-back, and '03 Cobra with JDM/Kooks long tube headers, JDM 'H' pipe with Magnaflow high flow cats, and FR500 cat-back.

If anyone who asks for the file does not get a reply, please ask again. I might have missed you.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
What's your opinion of the FR500 setup? I'm thinking of getting one myself to put behind the Magnaflow catted x pipe I have. Did you have any drone at cruising speeds?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I've got the Magnaflow X-pipe with cats and the FR-500 cat back exhaust. It's relatively quiet and does have a slight drone between 1800-2000 rpm. The right hand, passenger side, portion of the FR-500 exhaust sits very close to the isolator and the tubing which braces the rear end. I bolted up the exhaust and used a pry bar to gain a little clearance from the isolator and tubing brace. The FR-500 may be too quiet for the younger crowd but for the old farts like myself, its great as it doesn't annoy the wife and it doesn't attract the the men in blue.

Users who are viewing this thread