New SOS gauge Pod Installed

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just got done installing my new SOS gauge pod in the fox. I still need to put a bung in so that that wideband will function, but that's kind of irrelevant. The mount looks fantastic, I couldn't be happier with the results. Pics:

radio_plate1.jpg

The rest of the gauges:
gauge_setup2.jpg

A little picture whoring for good measure:
front_grill.jpg

And a quick one of the engine bay (Still lots of cleanup/detail work to do here):
engine_bay1.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks Pickle. Car seems to be running well so far, but I haven't stepped on it yet. Half of the gas in it is 6 years old..I'm going to run a tank or two through it, change the fuel filter, then I'll lay into it.

It was running a tad hot, but with the cooling system upgrades I just finished last night that is no longer a problem. And it needs some other minor things, like an alignment, e-brake adjustment, and it has an exhaust leak at the collector on the drivers side. I'll get it all taken care of soon enough, just need a little time.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I can do that. I need to buff it out too, it's screaming at me to wax it. lol. I just keep spending my weekends working on other peoples cars..gotta fund the parts for this one somehow.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, thanks, but technically the 92 isn't a 5.0 anymore. If it runs like it sounds I'll be in business, the damned thing sounds pretty serious. Even with the idle at ~1100rpm you can still hear the cam. We'll find out if it runs like Kenny said it would, similar setup to what was in your 306, only a 331. I never rode in yours when it was running properly, so I"m not sure what to expect from this one.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
If you had just kept it I could have helped you clean it up...but noo, you had to sell Grant's old pile to some kid...:poke:.

So you like the new gauge pod eh? I love it...it even fit better than the Metra Kit I took out of the car that was previously responsible for holding up the radio.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
You should of bought it:poke: I would of giving you a awesome deal.

Yea man i like it alot. It looks well made and i like that it had the electric fan and line lock switches. I plan on getting some SOS gauges and pod for the cobra after christmas. Im tring to talk my family to get me a go pro for xmas. And im getting my days a work changed so i can head home for some track time next year.:banana:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sweet. Yeah Alan makes some great stuff, I had the SOS pillar pod in my 03.

Let me know when you want to hit the track, I'll go. And when you were selling your car, I needed a 3rd project like I need a hole in the head.

Callaway Cobra

speeding
Established Member
Yeah that what i plan on getting is the pillar pod. Oh i will let you know for sure when im heading down..

Speaking of that. Do you still have them DR's or did you get tired of waiting for me? lol

If you still have them i think im going to be heading home for thanksgiving i could swing by and grab them and give you your games and stuff that i have here.

And you could of needed a hole in the head to relieve the presure. lol

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ben's got them currently. He was using them back in the spring when we went down to MIR. I never bothered to pick them back up. He might race you for em'.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Mike, that set up looks sweet. I doubt I will get that style for my car. As much as I would like to think I would use a stereo in my fox, the addition of the cage and the removal of nearly all the intererior and carpeting, means my fox will probably be a track only car. So I will get the pod that holds 3 gauges up top and has about 5 toggle switches below.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I like it. I may have to pick one of these up. Nice fox :thumbsup:

Thanks. You'll have to ask SOS to make it for you, I don't think it's on the list of items he regularly makes...in fact, this is the first one :banana:

Mike, that set up looks sweet. I doubt I will get that style for my car. As much as I would like to think I would use a stereo in my fox, the addition of the cage and the removal of nearly all the intererior and carpeting, means my fox will probably be a track only car. So I will get the pod that holds 3 gauges up top and has about 5 toggle switches below.

Thanks. Yeah I like those panels you sent me too...I hadn't seen those before I started nagging SOS to make this one. If I were you, I'd get one of the panels that replaces the entire center stack, you don't need most of the HVAC controls anymore anyway. Just rig the whole thing up so a switch will turn on your Heat and leave it at that.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I like the idea of removing the controls and controling the heat with toggle switches. I still like to switch from vent heat to defrost. Could that still work? I usually have the temp up all the way, same with the fan, so that would not be an issue to just turn them on.

Users who are viewing this thread