New Solo 2 rules for 2006! and new class for the '03-'04 Cobra

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
I guess will see whether IRS, 200lbs and 9" wheels/w 295? with a lot of power will make a difference.

RAT

'05 Sportsman Of The Year
Established Member
There's a few things about the '03-04 Cobra that will hurt it on slower and or tighter courses. Lower compression and tranny gearing will make it slower than the Mach 1. The Mach is quicker from the start through most of second gear. The brakes are the same between cars. The extra weight of the Cobra will not gain any points here either. On a medium to large course design, I think it's a drivers race, If both cars are fully prepped. But the larger the course, greater top speeds, the more the Cobra can be favored.

ST165

Established Member
The rules in SP were changed to allow the turbocharged cars to raise boost *legally* for 06. I think this is a bit biased against supercharged cars because we still aren't allowed to swap pullies without going to SM2. So in a nutshell: Turbo cars can have boost controllers to increase boost, but supercharged cars cannot change pullies. Boost is Boost, right? :shrug:
Does anyone have an idea why this is?

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
ST165 said:
The rules in SP were changed to allow the turbocharged cars to raise boost *legally* for 06. I think this is a bit biased against supercharged cars because we still aren't allowed to swap pullies without going to SM2. So in a nutshell: Turbo cars can have boost controllers to increase boost, but supercharged cars cannot change pullies. Boost is Boost, right? :shrug:
Does anyone have an idea why this is?

Write the SEB start discontent on the SCCA forums, you can't do anything about it here.

The why is probably because they didn't think about it.

They are going to have a rule change to allow cam timing changes because of all the VCT cars coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread