New Snake Owner

EATONU03

Established Member
Hey guys/gals, this is my first post to this site.

I just recently got rid of my 2004 Mach 1 (462rwhp 417rwtq) and picked up my new toy...........

A 2003 SVT Cobra 10th Anniversary Coupe, Black....and I'm totally loving it!!

Currently my only mod is a BBK CAI, only cause I picked it up for free, who would pass that up right?

Anyways, heres where it all begins.

1. Pulley pulley pulley right? I need to know what the best solution is to using a higher boost pulley. Who makes the best ones, which ones eat up belts (just cause I have been warned about it).

2. The blower tensioner pulley, again who makes the best is all I need to know.

3. Bigger heat exchanger, I've been keeping my eyes on the Fluidyne and I think thats the way I'm going to go for I'm not making a flat out drag car, just want a little more insurance.

4. Cat-back, and a possible x or h pipe, although I think just a catback is fine, I like the sleeper approach alot more than making a ton of noise.

5. A tune, everyone here talks about getting a tune, I'm in Northwestern PA and I'm looking for someone who can do 03-04 snakes.

All I'm really looking for here is about 450-475 rwhp, just to get me back to where my Mach left me off. Although I feel alot safer in an 03-04 snake making that much hp, seeing how the motor will take it alot better than a Machs........right.......thought, so.

Just looking for anyone to give me some ideas here, and help me get on my way to making some serious yet reliable power, and again I'm not looking for the MOST POWER possible, I just want more reliable power......Thanks again everyone.

adamb258

Established Member
Hi and welcome. I had a mach before my snake although mien was only at about 290 hp, lol.

If I could dot it over I would go with smaller upper and bigger lower combo. (2.93/4lb lower or 3.10 upper/6lb lower) Youll make a lot more tq that way. Billettflow makes good pullies unlee su want a press on type(which I did) so i got a 2.93 off of a stock lightning.

You dont need a new tensioner but you will need an idler(billettflow)

Exhaust it opinionated

TUNE TUNE TUNE get a good and safe one. Itll make all the difference.

Just keep reading and searchign aroudn here there is tons of info to be learned

1. BilletFlow 2.76

2. BilletFlow All 4 Idlers

3. LFP or Gords

4. Magnaflow Cat Back since you like the sleeper approach, they aren't that loud at idle but scream at WOT.

5. Order a DiabloSport Predator from AmazonRacing.com, it comes with free custom tunes as long as you own the vehicle.

450rwhp is so easy to obtain, soon enough you'll be wanting more. Just intake, exhaust, pulley, and the tune, your goal will be reached. This is the quickest and easiest way but then you might want to experience different combos like the guy above me said about getting a 2.93 upper/4lb lower, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread