New snake handler here

66GT350

Established Member
Hi all, first post here and first time SVT owner :D . Really excited, picking her up on Wednesday, car's in Cali. Very sano 97 blk/blk two adult-owner owner coupe with just over 75K miles and ALL the paperwork. Lightly modded with 98 rims, 3.73's, Eibachs and a Tri-Ax shifter......just what I was looking for! Took me a while, becuse there are a lot of ragged out, salvaged titled, thrashed cars out there being passed off as "pristine"..LOL.

Anyway, not new to Mustangs (I have two others) but this is my 1st 32v 4.6, so if I sound pumped up, I am! Just wanted to pop-on and say hello to the community here. You all have a great site and, trust me, I did a lot of thread searching here while I was in the buying process and got some very helpful information from all of you. Since my first task on her will be exhaust, I've been able to get a lot information for comparison purposes here, as well.

Being a Cobra newbie I'll try to keep the dumb questions as a minimum ;-)

PS - I'll post some pics as soon as I have a chance to get her home and slap a little Zaino on her!

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
Welcome to the wonderful world of 32 valves and 4 camshafts. They're great cars if you treat them right and aren't stupid with them.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on your 66 GT350 though.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Congrats on the purchase!!! Good to have another TX member here. Go check out www.svtmustangcobraclub.com as well(Texas Cobra group), we're doing a car show up in Dallas next year. Let us know if you need anything Cobra-wise, we'll try to help out. Post the pics when you can, we love to look at other snakes.

66GT350

Established Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Casper, will check those out those links for sure, bud. Showed my 66 a lot the first couple years I had her, I'm looking forward to doing some late model shows now.

BTW LOVE your car, very clean clean and I have always been partial to corner carving, myself. Might be hitting you up for the 411 on Auto Xing out here in Texas, I'm originally from SoCal.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Congrats on the Cobra and welcome to SVTP! Got any pics of all your mustangs? Id really like to see the GT350. I guess you have the best of both worlds now with the 5.0 and the 4.6. Have fun!

66GT350

Established Member
Sure Screamin', heres a snap of the '66, I have one of the LX somewhere around here, I'll try to locate it. Pics of the new snake the seller sent are on my work 'puter, I'll put one up when I get her home, when she's all cleaned up and ready to be unvieled....LOL

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Welcome Forest ... another Texan (transplanted).

If I still had one of my '65 GTOs, I'd introduce it to your GT. LOL

Dan

Fullserve

Established Member
Tang,

First of all, BEAUTIFUL GT350!

Similarly to you, I found a lightly modded '97 (double black, too) last March and have slowly been getting it where I want it. My car had 79K miles on it when I got it, but it was in MUCH better shape than the seven others with lower mileage that I drove. It also had some of the expensive mods out of the way, most notably the chrome Cobra R's.

As for exhaust, mine came with stock H-pipe with Flowmasters dumped and I HATED the drone (after the initial :-D with how load it was). I have since installed the Magnaflow catback and am extremely happy with both the sound and performance. WOT is a total blast - they ROARNext up (after next week's smog test) is a UPR o/r X-pipe.

Let me know when you start thinking about other mods and I'll give you my impressions of what I've done.

Welcome!

red96cobra

Drivin' on a rail
Established Member
tang350
That's a great looking gt350. Must be nice to live in the land of no rust. I can only imagine. I just picked my 96 up about 3 weeks ago and couldn't be happier, except for that damn chip in the pulley system I can't seem to find. Mine is unmodified except for chrome Cobra R's and the K&N and was kept in absolutly pristine condition.
Welcome to the family

Nick

66GT350

Established Member
Wow...thanks for warm welcome, fellas! Appreciate the kind comments on the '66, as well.

Boy, Dano, '65 goats are pretty near and dear to my heart, one of my good car pals here has a black/red tri-power that's always a top 3 car at the nationals....gotta wear the old drool bib around that car!

Thanks for sharing the story on yours, Fullserve, sounds like we have similar beasts. Funny, I was just talking to the, now, P.O. :) to verify some paperwork items before pick-up and he forgot to mention that he had installed a chromed engine bay brace a few months ago...LOL...like finding $ in the street! I will for sure hit you up on more info on the Mangas since exhaust will be the first thing I want to do on her and I've heard good things about them.

Users who are viewing this thread