New Shoes for the Track

D1coyote

Established Member
New Billet Specialties 17 x 4.5 1 pc forged Street Lite wheels. These are SFI and street rated. Tires are new MT 28" radials. Still waiting on the rear single beadlocks.

FrontStreetLite_zps13f25e73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zpsd7049dd3.png
[/URL][/IMG]

sinistr302

Established Member
love these wheels! looking forward in seeing the rears as well. where are you buying them from??

D1coyote

Established Member
What's the actual installed height of those tires mounted on the car?
27 1/4" with 45 psi. Max load rating on sidewall says 50 psi.
I have had one set of Hoosier and two sets of M&H radial front runners split on the sidewalls but I think these tires will hold up much better. These tires don't look like they are going flat or low on air like the 26's always did either. Very pleased so far.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
The front looks really good. Looking forward to seeing a side shot with all installed.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
It looks great. Can you post some pictures of the car in more light. I would like to drool over a better photo. :D

Last edited:

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
AH HELL! That looks awesome! I thought they didn't make a set that would fit our cars....

D1coyote

Established Member
AH HELL! That looks awesome! I thought they didn't make a set that would fit our cars....

In the past they didn't. These are a new design with bigger hoop to fit late model cars. They haven't been out long at all.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
HECK YEAH! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the new RTSs then.

So no prob fitting your car?

D1coyote

Established Member
HECK YEAH! Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the new RTSs then.

So no prob fitting your car?

Fronts fit great.
Bolted up rears and they wouldn't turn. Added 1/8" wheel spacer and they would only turn an inch or two, caliper was hitting the center of the weld on backside of wheel. Wheels mounted with 1/4" wheel spacer and everything is fine. Wheels are redesigned with a bigger hoop for our car (rears are non Brembo only) and Billet Specialties said it is a unique issue with my car only. Although I have non Brembo brakes, I have added Strange 9" ends, Strange axles, 5/8" studs and Power Slot rotors, so who knows. Billet Specialties did offer to let me return the wheels even after being mounted so I can't really say anything bad.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure but I think this is the same wheel that a guy has that comes to our track. He also had trouble getting the rears to work and I don't think he has done the work that you have.
But once done they are really good looking wheels!! You don't see them every day that's for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread