New Shiftknob....MGW Composite Race Knob

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Love the stock shiftknob, but it was worn out and I wanted to see what else was out there so it was out with the old and in with the new.

I've had a Fatknob before in my 01 GT and liked the feel, but this time around I wanted to try something new and keep the looks and feel as close to the stock knob as possible. I went with the MGW composite race knob and although its a bit smaller it has a more defined 'gooseneck' shape which allows me to grasp it easier and row through the gears more aggressively.

Class looks and you can def. feel the quality they put into this piece. I also dig the fact that MGW uses the authentic 'Cobra' emblem and not some cheap knockoff snake!:rockon:

MGW comes through once again.
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_race_knob.shtml

Side by side comparison:
rob1067-1.jpg

rob1066.jpg

Before:
rob1065.jpg

After:
rob1063.jpg

In car comparison:
rob1072.jpg

The end:
rob1056-1.jpg

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
I had the "mach1" logo gripper kind. But just sold it for the carbon fiber cobra knob and boot. I like the feel of the cobra knob better

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I just got the exact knob. I like it alot but it's gonna take a few days to get use to it since it's a bit smaller

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I had the "mach1" logo gripper kind. But just sold it for the carbon fiber cobra knob and boot. I like the feel of the cobra knob better

Do you have a pic of this CF combo? Never really took the time to check it out. Sounds Bad ass.

I just got the exact knob. I like it alot but it's gonna take a few days to get use to it since it's a bit smaller

I hear what you say. First time out with the car it felt almost like someone elses.

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
Here's my Carbon Fiber shift knob and boot with the MGW shifter with half the threads cut off
IMG_9826.gif

IMG_8117.gif

Last edited:

jt239

Established Member
I just installed the same composite cobra knob. Switched from the gripper knob. I like the feel and looks alot better with this new knob!!

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
IMG_9826.gif

Not bad, not bad at all. I think I would have to have some other pieces, like the side door panels inserts done in carbon fiber too, just so the cabin looks more uniform and matches. Thanks for postin a pic!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I went from my stock piece to the MGW composite with the GT logo. It was weird getting used to it, but I love it now. Wish it was a bit more grippy, but definitely high quality and doesn't spin like my stock knob did. Best part is I got it from a friend for $25.

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
Not bad, not bad at all. I think I would have to have some other pieces, like the side door panels inserts done in carbon fiber too, just so the cabin looks more uniform and matches. Thanks for postin a pic![/QUOTE]

Yea I see what your saying. But when you look inside the car it looks good. It flows nicely with the colors of the interior. It is not to bright or anything so it kinda looks factory I guess you could say.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
I had that knob in my 01, I liked it. A word of advise though, dont touch the cobra emblem to much, the silver paint starts to flake off after a while.

Not the best pic but you can see mine here.
IMG_0784.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread