new shifter

redline

Established Member
i put a barton shifter and the shifter bracket. overall it is a easy install.for sure better than stock.

snkchmr 1

Gonna put mine in next week. Plus these guys are now a MW sponsor so support them if you can.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
im willing to wait for MGW. Being on the brink of technology isnt always a good thing

being last to have a good thing isnt either:lol: if your dont like being on the brink of technology you shouldnt have bought your 5.0:loser:

ViciousJay

Established Member
being last to have a good thing isnt either:lol: if your dont like being on the brink of technology you shouldnt have bought your 5.0:loser:

how so? its a modular motor with slightly different compression and bore :shrug:

11dsgGT

Established Member
Barton has the best shifter in the market. As with many other manual tranny owners, Ive already had issues with my 6MT (had to get it rebuilt). Anything that could improve the factory transmission I wont think twice about purchasing.

I believe that the majority of issues happen because of the defection under load, between the shifter and transmission. With the Barton bracket and shifter minimizing that, making a very noticeable difference in feel and driving experience I suggest taking the plunge. Waiting around for a company that has a reputation for having the best shifter on a totally different transmission doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Barton has the best shifter in the market. As with many other manual tranny owners, Ive already had issues with my 6MT (had to get it rebuilt). Anything that could improve the factory transmission I wont think twice about purchasing.

I believe that the majority of issues happen because of the defection under load, between the shifter and transmission. With the Barton bracket and shifter minimizing that, making a very noticeable difference in feel and driving experience I suggest taking the plunge. Waiting around for a company that has a reputation for having the best shifter on a totally different transmission doesn't make sense to me.

it makes sense to people who have owned them for years, on several different cars. if a brand has always treated you right, you stick with them.

redline

Established Member
the barton is worth every penny .it feels very solid.i could have waited on mgw or hurst or ford.

AmnDucky

Established Member

Really? How does that not make sense? You're going to ignore the guy with one of the best reputations because it's a new transmission, when the guy you go with is just as new to the transmission? There is reason so many people are waiting for the MGW.

kdhcoffman

Established Member
i am tossed up between this one and the steeda one, any opinions? and how much better is the shift from 2nd to 3rd? it gives mme trouble on the track with stock shifter... did anyone else have that problem?
Chris

redline

Established Member
i am tossed up between this one and the steeda one, any opinions? and how much better is the shift from 2nd to 3rd? it gives mme trouble on the track with stock shifter... did anyone else have that problem?
Chris

hey after driving mine for the last 2 days ,2nd to 3rd is awsome i cannot see how you could miss shift. i think the support bracket helps alot too.it feels more solid.

POSFTW

Established Member
The 2-3 is the only good shift, well the 3-2 is nice also. This shifter is not all that it is cracked up to be. The dual pivot points is a major flaw. The overall geometery is way off. I must disclose that I totally enjoyed dealing with Barton, but they got their shifter returned under their 30 day trial program.

After 500 miles I swapped the stock shifter back in. Steeda is next on my list to try. There is a few engineers that I have spoken to about the overall design of this shifter. You can't fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. Sorry I will let everyone else catch up to me, lets start being honest here, this shifter really kinda sucks. Terrible overall performance, notchiest shifts ever.

redline

Established Member
The 2-3 is the only good shift, well the 3-2 is nice also. This shifter is not all that it is cracked up to be. The dual pivot points is a major flaw. The overall geometery is way off. I must disclose that I totally enjoyed dealing with Barton, but they got their shifter returned under their 30 day trial program.

After 500 miles I swapped the stock shifter back in. Steeda is next on my list to try. There is a few engineers that I have spoken to about the overall design of this shifter. You can't fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. Sorry I will let everyone else catch up to me, lets start being honest here, this shifter really kinda sucks. Terrible overall performance, notchiest shifts ever.

sorry for your misfortunes . never was into shit .lol

Terminator_NJ

Established Member
I like my Barton w/bracket very much. Not notchy at all. its click click click into the gears.

I am sure mgw and steeda make great products too. I am not going to bad mouth a product just because i have a competing one, or getting a competing one.

Dan from Realspeadautomotive used to work for steeda for 10 yrs and he helped develop the original triax. when he saw the Barton unit he was giddy, impressed at the fresh approach to the problem of the stock shifter. That was enough for me.

I used to own a s2000, arguably the best oem manual. With barton I would say this rivals that. I have driven the 996 manual and the e36 m3 too and my setup is better.

redline

Established Member
His posts don't carry any weight.....just a lot of "shit talking" literally.

Got my b\Barton today and will be installing tomorrow. Can't wait. :rockon:

man i am liking mine .:beer:

redline

Established Member
I am uniting down to someone post that says "glad you're all happy with Barton. Goodlyck when your tranny explodes"...

hmmm i do not think that a barton shifter will make a tranny blow up . that would be abuse or poor quality part or parts . what you just stated makes people go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread