New Shifter

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Hi Folks,

Just put together a new shifter for my car. I was going for the nostalgic look. Did I do okay?

MJ

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by OrigTXCobra
MJ, last questions: Did you get the shifter form Roush directly? How much?... and What is the part number?

Thanks.

I bought the shifter handle and boot from Roush directly. I think the cost was $159 but that includes the labor to remove the old shift boot and install the new one (I did it myself however). It's kind of pricey I know! :(

MJ

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Looks good!

Sorry to get off the subject but I noticed you replaced the factory stereo. How does that "normal" sized stereo fit in the oversized slot for the factory one? Do you have any pictures of the whole console? I can't see much above it. Did you have to get big trim peices etc? PM me or start a new thread if you don't want to discuss it here. Thanks...

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
MJ,

Looks great to me. I saw it in a mag & thought it looked great. Can you take another pic or two from other angles? How does it feel with the longer handle?

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Looks nice, goes quite well with the ring. But Im not a big fan of the angled shifters, does anyone know if the Tri-Ax has a straight shaft or no? If not, a buddy of mine with a Z06 has a short throw with a straight shaft that is close to the Tri-Ax price, so i could always get one of those instead. That would work for the Cobra right?

P.S. Sorry to steal your thread

SStupid

Established Member
Double DIN

Originally posted by 03blacksnake
Looks good!

Sorry to get off the subject but I noticed you replaced the factory stereo. How does that "normal" sized stereo fit in the oversized slot for the factory one? Do you have any pictures of the whole console? I can't see much above it. Did you have to get big trim peices etc? PM me or start a new thread if you don't want to discuss it here. Thanks...

A double-DIN deck would look the best. I believe Alpine offers a double-DIN deck. I know that Pioneer does, but it's ugly. You might even be able to find a double-DIN that holds more than one disk.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
I am not sure what im asking but...

is this a full shift assembly, not just a handle?
Does it shorten the throws at all?

thanks...

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by TopRacer
I am not sure what im asking but...

is this a full shift assembly, not just a handle?
Does it shorten the throws at all?

thanks...

Okay, the base shifter is stock. The only changes were:

1. Fatknob
2. Roush handle
3. Roush boot
4. UPR billet shifter ring

If anything the throw is longer.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread