New Shift knob and shortened MGW stick installed

99VERT

Established Member
Soooo after a few different shift knobs I came to the realization that I didn't like the white factory knob and I didn't like the 2-1/8 Shelby knobs. I then found an 03-04 cobra has a 2" knob in solid black with white lettering with the correct shift pattern! After a little cutting of the MGW shift stick and rethreading the 03 cobra knob to thread on, this is what I came up with. the ball appears to be scratched in the photo but the camera picks up everything and yes, the shifter boot is a different style one of a GT.

C74FE71B-ABC7-4E24-90E8-99C4B5F7F6E3_zpsblv7lkqu.gif

E803EAF5-53D7-4BA7-A34A-FB9C9C57520C_zpshlzsrimz.gif

1971mach1

Established Member
That plate is ordered from Shelby American after you give them your vin number, I ordered my car from Ford and that plate about a year later. None of the cars came with them from Ford.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
That plate is ordered from Shelby American after you give them your vin number, I ordered my car from Ford and that plate about a year later. None of the cars came with them from Ford.
+1 to all of this. The plates are available here. They're well-made and look good but, be forewarned, they take at least the full "6 to 8 Weeks" to be delivered.

99VERT

Established Member

Wow, I did not know that! I was the second owner of the car so I "assumed" that it was factory! The guy before me threw every aftermarket option he could on the car. IE Carbon fiber chin spoiler,light bar,windscreen,clear bra,shelby hood struts,painted radiator cover! Thanks for the info!

little-dw

Established Member
I ordered my plaque because I wanted to cover up the Microsoft Sync plaque :rolling:

Also, is our shift knobs 2"? I have gotten the mgw gen 2 shifter and will be getting it installed by MGW, and I wanted a black knob like this. not sure if I would need to re-thread it or not

mUzJSZCJ3s_Gmu46CLiaP4g.jpg

Last edited:

ILW84U

Established Member
Does anyone have any coupon codes for the Shelby store?

Cyber Monday starts early at Shelby this year! Now through Monday, we're offering 15% off* select Shelby Performance Parts including wheels, brakes, clutches, superchargers, and cooling products. And 10% off select Ford Performance Parts**.

15% off SPP Checkout code: CYBER15
10% off FPP Checkout code: CYBER10

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Cyber Monday starts early at Shelby this year! Now through Monday, we're offering 15% off* select Shelby Performance Parts including wheels, brakes, clutches, superchargers, and cooling products. And 10% off select Ford Performance Parts**.

15% off SPP Checkout code: CYBER15
10% off FPP Checkout code: CYBER10

Thank you sir.

Users who are viewing this thread