New Shelby

Flatlander tom

Established Member
I've been meaning to post since I got it in November and just now figued out the picture posting. I ordered it in May 2013 and have been really busy and only checked in with the dealer about every other month. In October I got fed up with the same old answer from the dealer and the Deshya at the mustang source and told my salesman and his manager I was about ready to find one somewhere else. They got with the regional manager and fessed up that the order had slipped between the cracks and that they had it on track to be built Nov 4. It was built on Nov 4 and i received it Nov.19. I am 54 and have wanted a hot rod since high school but never got one. I have chevy pickup and a corolla as my daily drivers, so this is one big plunge for me. I've managed to put 400 miles on it during this messy Oklahoma winter. I want to thank everyone for all the informative posts. I've read a lot here trying to figure out the bells and whistles. The options I got are the SVTPP, SVTTP, cover and the Ruby Red color upgrade. The most amazing part of the car has been the color. I have never seen a color come alive in the sun like it does. The power is something else too, but I'm easing into that part cautiously. I got one of the custom grill guards to put on it the first chance I get and plan to order the redline hood struts. Can't wait for the warm weather around the corner. Tom
frontview1_zpsb254f1a7.jpg

Pete Grimaldi

Established Member
Hi Tom,

Congratulations! You will love driving it. This winter has been terrible, even for our beaters!

BTW, all colors look good on a GT500!

Pete

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Welcome and congrats. I hear you on the color, mine is RR with black matte stripes. I was kinda skeptical of that color at first, but the more pictures I saw of members Ruby Red, the more I liked it. When I got to the dealership and they pulled it into the sun, I was sold on the color.

Hope you can get her out soon!

ponygirl06

Established Member
Congrats. Ruby Red is amazing in the sun, there are two in town that I know of. The white stripes look great on RR. If I saw RR in person I may have ordered red like my husband wanted.

Flatlander tom

Established Member
To NOGI88, i live in Piedmont, Oklahoma just a few miles from OKC and Mustang, Oklahoma. I've heard the town of Mustang will be having some festivities and car events related to the car 50th aniversary of the mustang that i plan to attend.

Bill H...

Established Member
Yes, beautiful car. Just the color my wife wanted me to purchase. Couldn't do it. Had my heart set on tripple black. Purchased ours Dec 19th in Purcell, OK. All the options but glass roof. Traded in our 2007 GT500 with 12K miles we bought new. Again, congrats from one Okie to another. :beer:

Hudmo

Trubble

Established Member
Congrats on the car and your persistence with dealer and factory!

She is pretty! I'm doing likewise - cautiously getting used to all that power with my first Mustang

Watiently paiting for warm(er) weather here in Ohio too...:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread