New Shelby sells for 600K at Barrett Jackson

Blue03

Established Member
My buddy called me at work tonight(Sat) and said the right to buy the first new Shelby was bid to 600K(Yes boys and girls..$600,000). Of course it was hyped up with Carroll Shelby being there, etc. So now the dealers will only charge $150K for the common variety :uh oh: George, you have that second mortgage ready brother? LOL!

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Blue03 said:
My buddy called me at work tonight(Sat) and said the right to buy the first new Shelby was bid to 600K(Yes boys and girls..$600,000). Of course it was hyped up with Carroll Shelby being there, etc. So now the dealers will only charge $150K for the common variety :uh oh: George, you have that second mortgage ready brother? LOL!

Rich...rest assured...if I am required to pay .001 over sticker...the deal is a bust and I will be on the sidelines.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
I will get flamed from Tony, but Gorno Ford has NEVER charged me a dime over and they always let me use A-Plan which a lot of other dealers won't. That is always an option...I can give you my dudes contact info IF you need it...he is in Woodhaven so that is a trip for you.

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
:cuss:

Got my '03 in August of 2002 at Southgate Ford.... a few months after they came out but got it for A-Plan. Just don't take your car there for service either!!!

Blue03

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Rich...rest assured...if I am required to pay .001 over sticker...the deal is a bust and I will be on the sidelines.

I'm teasing of course George. I honestly hope the dealers don't go on a pricing frenzy. I am going to sit out 1 year and watch from the sidelines. This will be a little different than the '03-'04 situation mainly because the Shelby name is on it. His name definitely carries more weight(and therefore more $). But, I agree. MSRP is the max and I will wait for A-plan. You don't have to sit on the sidelines George, I know where there is a slightly used Sonic blue coupe you could pick up.................

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
BlownShift said:
:cuss:

Got my '03 in August of 2002 at Southgate Ford.... a few months after they came out but got it for A-Plan. Just don't take your car there for service either!!!

:-D I agree....I would never take my car there for service either, but I have bought my last 8 new vehicles from them with no problems...completely happy. :rockon:

Jpjr

Established Member
time = premium

if you want to buy any car that won't sit on a lot, you will pay more than msrp. once the car is sitting on the lots (like '05/'06 mustang gt's are now), you will not pay a dime over sticker, usually less.

were going to find out who around here really wants their shelby :)

Blue03

Established Member
Jpjr said:
time = premium

were going to find out who around here really wants their shelby :)

LOL! I agree. The Shelby is an awesome car, no question but I just don't want to be raped with my pants on(or off for that matter,LOL) for it. I'm OK with waiting until sanity comes back to the pricing. Just curious to see where it goes. One thing I did like about the auction(as Amy said above) is that the money went for charity. If you do any research on Carroll Shelby he has definitely been a giver throughout his life where charity is concerned.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Special car for a special price.
The car will never be driven.
It will be back at Barret in ten years for even more money.

Free hype for Ford what a great marketing idea.
Problem is it doesn't help the average guy who wants to buy the car. :mj:

JP

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
It went for big money because the COMPANY that bought it wanted a BIG TAX write off. That buy was no more than a $600,000 charitable contribution which in no way should reflect value...intrinsic, nostalgic or real value. :bs:

I would love to trace the money on that buy..................................it would not surprise me if the money trail led right back to Dearborn... :coolman:

99lightsvt

Established Member
I am a salesman at the local Ford dealership here...When they charge more than MSRP, it is called adjusted market value...The 300C was like that when it first came out...the new mustang...it just means that since it is a hot item right now, they can charge as much as someone will pay...And a-plan is a purchase option that lets you get it for under invoice, if you qualify

Users who are viewing this thread