new setup

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I just bought a procharger for my car, but I will be rebuilding the motor first. Say I have about $7k to play with. Make some suggestions on what my setup should be.

I'm probalby going with the street mod 900 with my block and crank. Then I'll need to rebuild the tranny. I was thinking promotion powertrain 750, but they are all the way accross the country. What else would you guys suggest with said budget. The budget listed is a little conservative since it seems everyone goes over. So, what do you think? ported heads? Upgrade to D1SC and 3 core intercooler? built rear?

I need the car to be pretty DD'able, but I want it to be pretty stupid fast too. I don't really care about the numbers if it's fun, but I eventualy want to be close to 600rwhp with a D1SC and no more than 20 lbs (I'll probalby stay closer to 17).

Note: I'll also be getting IMRC deletes, and a ported lower (stock runner length probably)

This may be a little random, but throw out some suggestions (including compression ratio for that amount of boost on 91). I just want to be realistic with what I can afford.

EDIT: car has 150k so let me know if I'll need new timing chains or whatever else.

Thanks! :beer:

Last edited:

albino96

Established Member
You should give G&S motorsports a call. They do some good work and they are local to you. I don't know what you will have to replace for the mileage though.

albino96

Established Member
You should give G&S motorsports a call. They do some good work and they are local to you. I don't know what you will have to replace for the mileage though.

Thanks. I actually just gave them a call and they are going to give me a quote tomorrow. hopefully it's nothing insanely expensive! :beer:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I hope thats an SVTP error, you prob need to replace the timing chains at that milege, 5 angle valve job and new valve springs would be a good idea

albino96

Established Member
I hope thats an SVTP error, you prob need to replace the timing chains at that milege, 5 angle valve job and new valve springs would be a good idea

Nope. No error. I posted this last night and no one ever responded. Look how many responses I have now! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I ahve a new set of heads that had like 30k on them I think and they just had a valve job. If money allows I would like to get them ported. I'm thinking I should do all the timing chains though.

Last edited:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Nope. No error. I posted this last night and no one ever responded. Look how many responses I have already! MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I ahve a new set of heads that had like 30k on them I think and they just had a valve job. If money allows I would like to get them ported. I'm thinking I should do all the timing chains though.

lol fail:bash: But get a tko600 for the tranny:beer:

albino96

Established Member
lol fail:bash: But get a tko600 for the tranny:beer:

I was thinking a Promtion powertrain 750 t45. Tell me a little about the TKO though. I know nothing about it. how does it shift, how much power can it hold, price, etc.

Thanks.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
-Stock compression.
-bore 20 over
-Forged components
-D1SC
-3 core race intercooler
-4:10 gears
-methanol injection
-port heads
-new valve springs
-port intake
-delete IMRC
-built t-56 with viper size overdrive gears
-built 8.8
-Fuel system to support

This is my plan for a high hp with highway/DD capability. I'm sure I haven't included everything.

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
im liking my promotion tranny. And it doesn;t weigh as much as a t56 ;) But that 6th gear would be nice for road trips and cruising on the freeway

albino96

Established Member
im liking my promotion tranny. And it doesn;t weigh as much as a t56 ;) But that 6th gear would be nice for road trips and cruising on the freeway

Actaully, unless you get a special spec, the 6th gear in the t56 is pretty close to 5th in a t45. I wouldn't make THAT much of a difference.

albino96

Established Member
Yes like a GM or Viper spec like I said one post hence..... :dw:

Which is why I was responding to someone else's post... :dw:

I was adding that just putting in a 03-04 cobra t56 won't make much of a difference besides being heavier. The GM or Viper spec t56's are pretty expensive too.

Helomech74

Established Member
Actually the .62 6th gear in the T56 dropped my highway RPM with 4.10 gears by about 250rpm which was perfect. The other nice thing about it, is that there isn't that huge drop in rpm going from 4th to 5th gear. As for the weight, not much difference really. Maybe 20 pounds or so. I'm using a built 00 Cobra R spec T56 and wouldn't trade it for any other manual tranny, now a built 4R70W or 4R75W would be nicer IMO (nothing like boost and an Auto tranny for the ultimate in fun).

albino96

Established Member
So I may not be doing this after all. I test drove a 02 z06 with H/C/I and i may be buying it on monday with this money as a down payment. The guy is in my car club and the car is crazy fast and nasty. Plus it has all the creature comforts like memory seats and all those buttons on teh dash lol. Not to mention it gets much better gas mileage on the freeway.

So soon I may have my car for sale, a procharger kit, a nitrous kit, a kanean s281 (unless I throw it on before I sell it), some IMRC deletes, UPR power tube, ported lower intake, and anything I may pull off the car (the former list is all sitting in my room).

I jsut can't see dumping over what i paid for the car into it and then only having it be worth 12-13 thousand. I realize it's not an investment, but I think in the end I will be happier with the z06. Here's a pic of it:

z06033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread