New Setup for my brakes/tires, should be sick :)

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
So the other day I hit a racoon with my cobra and destroyed my front bumper, so while the car is down new meat and brakes are goin in. What do you think of my setup...

(4) 275-40-17 Nitto NT-01's (don't feel like stepping up to the 315s yet)
Nittos.jpg

(4) EBC GD7021 Black Dash Rotors
aHR0cDovL2VjeC5pbWFnZXMtYW1hem9uLmN.jpg

EBC Yellowstuff Pads
yellowstuffpad1.jpg

And of course some stainless lines all around
BRAKELINESPIC.jpg

Last edited:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
good choices, I cant believe how over looked braking components can be. Careful routing those lines in the rear, take your time and make sure the control arms wont pinch them. I also suggest rolling the fender area smooth wherever they end up rubbing

Last edited:

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
I'd take all of it except for the drilled rottors. Slotted only FTW

not technically drilled, dimpled :D

Lots of people go back and forth but I trust EBC rotors and they'll grip like an orangutan. The yellowstuff pads are biters and they won't really wear any more then normal with the drills.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
I'd take all of it except for the drilled rottors. Slotted only FTW

I never undtsand these kind of comments. They just seem to scream missinformation..

not technically drilled, dimpled :D
Lots of people go back and forth but I trust EBC rotors and they'll grip like an orangutan. The yellowstuff pads are biters and they won't really wear any more then normal with the drills.

Drilled/dimpled wont wear the pad any faster. If anything its the slots that wear the pad ;] then again thats their job

red9450

Established Member
I never undtsand these kind of comments. They just seem to scream missinformation..

It is my understanding that under periods of heavy breaking, and extreme heat, cross drilled rotors can develop cracks around the holes.....

Here are dimpled and slotted rotors from american muscle. They also have a pic of a cross drilled rotor with a crack through the hole....
http://www.americanmuscle.com/19942004-cobra-prostop-rotors-rear.html

Those rotors in the OP's post seem to be dimpled and slotted, not drilled....

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Drilled rotors are not allowed at some road race events due to cracking. I don't see what the benefit of having dimpled rotors are (probably more of an "appearance" feature that makes it look like drilled rotors). Slotted rotors will produce more brake dust and pad wear so you will need to clean the wheels more often. I prefer plain rotor myself.

If I were you I would get 2 piece rotors which are lighter. The Brembo 2 piece rotors are about 6 lbs. lighter then the 1 piece and will make the suspension more compliant with the road surface improving the handling of the car somewhat. They will also reduce the inertia forces when accelerating and braking. The effects of reducing rotating mass can be pretty dramatic. I replace the rims on both my bikes with magnesium wheels and the difference was astounding! You cam immediately tell the difference. One of the best handling mod on a vehicle.

red9450

Established Member
If I were you I would get 2 piece rotors which are lighter. The Brembo 2 piece rotors are about 6 lbs. lighter then the 1 piece and will make the suspension more compliant with the road surface improving the handling of the car somewhat. They will also reduce the inertia forces when accelerating and braking. The effects of reducing rotating mass can be pretty dramatic. I replace the rims on both my bikes with magnesium wheels and the difference was astounding! You cam immediately tell the difference. One of the best handling mod on a vehicle.

Very good advice....

Users who are viewing this thread