new rubbers around the camber adjustment bold

agent-orange

Established Member
Hello

My rubbers of the rear camber adjustment bolt (donno the exactly name of the position) are gone, I need new ones.

Here's a pic, that you see what I exactly mean. The rubbers in the red circles.

manschetten.png

Can someone tell me where I can get them??

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

agent-orange

Established Member
nobody an idea?? I had to go to the car inspection and they guy told me, that I need new rubbers for both sides. I know that sounds a bit stupid but if I dont get new ones, I don't get a street permission :-(

We have strict laws here in Switzerland about cars :-(

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Thats the upper knuckle bushing. Its not serviceable about your only option is to have new spherical bushings pressed in. I think Full Tilt Boogie Racing on this site carries replacement knuckle bushings.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Tell your gov't to get off your back! :) Those covers are no risk to safety. The only thing you can do is get them replaced IF you have the style knuckles with the c-clip retaining those cross axis joints.

Full Tilt Boogie Racing:
Cross-axis

agent-orange

Established Member
@gmsux

If I would be the boss here in Switzerland, I would send them all to hell! :)

I know something more, I only need the dust boots of the cross axis joints. Unfortunately, FTBR don't offer the dust boots. They offer new cross axis joints, but there arent these dust boots included. The guy told me, I should seal the boots up with some RTV but I don't know if the dudes of the car inspection accept that.

Jfoster

Established Member
Sent you an email - but the MM kit does not use dust boots. As I understand it, Ford also does not sell a replacement without the entire assembly which includes the spindle and hub.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
To be clear, you cannot buy just those little boots. If the joint is tight, then it's fine. Both the MM and FTBR cross axis joints are spherical bearings and don't use boots. I don't know what you'll need to do but maybe just make something up to cover those torn boots. It's really silly IMO and I'm surprised they're inspecting in that detail. Must cost a lot of taxpayer dollars to support those inspection jobs.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
why not just cut the boot off with a sharp exacto knife and clean the excess grease. They'll still last for years w/ out the boots.

As far as I know you cannot purchase the boots alone from ford or any reseller. Maximum, FTBR, and down under performance have a revised design joint.

Users who are viewing this thread