New Rubber for the 04

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
BFG 315 35 17 T/A Drag Radials. Picked them up from Discount Tire Direct for $189 a pop. Old BFG's got owned by a huge hunk of metal schrapnel in the road. Before that it was my Goodyear GS-D3 Steam rollers. Same thing happened....street construction b.s. Same outcome.

Had these mounted and balanced for $20....sure beats Les Schwabb doin' it for $70+

Anywho......Here are some pics of the day.

Side by side shot with the new BFG on the left and old (punctured one) on the right.
yattara032.jpg

Local Mom and Pops Tire shop. Hooked up it proper!
yattara034.jpg

yattara035.jpg

yattara036.jpg

Quick wash and detail.........
yarra006.gif

yarra001.jpg

yarra009.jpg

New beef.....gotta love it.
yarra008.jpg

Love that ass
yattara038.jpg

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
very nice! sounds like you need the road hazard plan on your tires.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Very nice

Thanks!

very nice! sounds like you need the road hazard plan on your tires.

Seriously! Atleast these were way cheaper than the $380+ I shelled out for the GS-D3'S.

Looks gooood. I used to run those tires on my 03 wheels!

I saw that! Your Cobra is on point bro, those new tires are crazy wide. Love the tread pattern as well! Next set I will def. look into something along those lines. :beer:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
A lot of drag radials feather up like that.

No other DR I had did that. The BFG's I had did that exact thing and they would not hook up at all on the street. I had better luck with Nittos. And the Nittos lasted longer. BFG DRs IMHO are junk.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
What's the reasoning behind that? Is there a way to fix it?

I think it's due to the soft compound of the tire.

No other DR I had did that. The BFG's I had did that exact thing and they would not hook up at all on the street. I had better luck with Nittos. And the Nittos lasted longer. BFG DRs IMHO are junk.

I've had M/Ts do it as well. Being that the M/T and BFG are both a lot softer of a compound than the Nitto, I'm guessing that's why your Nittos never did it. I don't understand Nittos out hooking BFGs though, that's a new one on me. They do last longer, again due to the Nittos not being as soft of a tire. The harder the rubber, the longer it will last.

bubbrubb

I think it's due to the soft compound of the tire.

I've had M/Ts do it as well. Being that the M/T and BFG are both a lot softer of a compound than the Nitto, I'm guessing that's why your Nittos never did it. I don't understand Nittos out hooking BFGs though, that's a new one on me. They do last longer, again due to the Nittos not being as soft of a tire. The harder the rubber, the longer it will last.

Ah gotcha, just didn't know if I was "doing it wrong" haha. Thanks. ^and regarding the second part of the above - I could blow my ET Street Radials (275/45/17 I believe) off in 2nd gear if they didn't have heat in them, and I almost always get hop with them. My RII's on the other hand will sometimes dead hook 1st gear if I roll into the throttle on a hot day after some driving :shrug: I rarely run my ET Street Radials though, so it is probably more of a coincidence rather than anything scientific, but I do prefer to drive on the nittos

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Car looks good as always man always wanted to see that thing maybe you can make the norcal cruise Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread