New RTR's with BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 Tires

Robbyh17

Established Member
Finally got some new wheels and tires. Everyone knows about the RTRs, no explanation needed. They may be overplayed but its for a reason, because this style wheel looks very good on our cars!

The Sport Comp 2 tires continue to blow me away though. Yes, I am only coming from Pirelli P-Zero Neros so its not like I have ton of tire experience, but these tires grip so well in my opinion. Traction from a dig used to be non-existent, now I have to launch high in the RPMs just to spin the tires. In Florida, it rains almost every afternoon and I used to have to feather the car all the time coming from a stop in the rain or I would spin. I no longer have that issue. Also, in the corners I have a little bit more confidence, but the car is still on stock suspension so I really need the work there.

Anyways thought you'd enjoy some pics (I know I need to be lowered, literally buying springs today as we speak.)

car_zpse815b431.jpg

car4_zps7e638ca1.jpg

car3_zps1860e85b.jpg

car2_zps7cf82297.jpg

faceman2100

Established Member
Car looks great. What springs are you using to drop it? That wheel looks so good with the Grabber Blue. Can't wait to see pics after dropped.

chao5.0

Established Member
I have same tires and yes they are impressive for the price but don't expect them to be world beaters. they really perform well in the rain, freaks my fiancé out when she thinks they will let go in a corner and they are still gripping.

Robbyh17

Established Member
Thanks guys!! ....I'm using BMR Springs so should be right a 1.5 " drop. From every picture I've seen I think the drop looks great with them and they seem to be a fan favorite on the forums as far as ride quality for DD.

faceman2100

Established Member
Great choice for springs. I have BMR springs and I am really happy with my choice. Car sits just right for my liking. Post up pics when it is done.

Nuar

Established Member
Classic Mustang pic, a mustang next to a horse.
lol just kidding Great Danes are awesome dogs, huge beasts. Cool photo :)

Robbyh17

Established Member
Tire size? looks good, im debating on gettting these bfg's

Tire size is 275/40/19 on all 4 corners. I went against a staggered setup for economical reasons haha, but I see myself widening in the back in the future.

Just an update.. BMR springs and Panhard are sitting at home waiting to be installed and Koni shocks and struts were just ordered!
Lowering is coming very soon!

PhantomX

Established Member
Looks great! I just put the BFG's on as well and I really really love them. Smooth ride, excellent traction, pretty quiet and yes way better than the P Zero Nero's I took off.

Just for comparison (and those that may want to know) I put the same tires, 275 all the way around on the stock rims, they fit no problem and no rubbing issues.
5E454DB1-6331-4DB2-90A8-273FC127F5AF.jpg

TGR96

Established Member
Glad to hear you guys are liking your Comp 2s. I have a set on the way to replace my Continentel ExtremeContact DWs. I love the Contis, but I won the BFGs at Mustang Week, so free > anything else! Looking forward to giving the Comp 2s a try.

Users who are viewing this thread