New rotor and pads, what is going on?

DarkRattle

Established Member
So I changed the rotors to EBC rotors and the pads are hawk pads, so they come painted in black and obviously when the pads grab on they remove the paint. The problem is the LEFT rotor still has a streak of paint in the middle while the right rotor has 90% of it removed. So what's going on here?

For some reason u cant see the left wheel, so copy and paste (dont click) this link to your URL to see the left wheel incase you can't see it here. https://i.imgur.com/p7zHaFW.png

LEFT wheel:
CNSGdZ3.png

Right wheel:
upload_2017-9-6_19-10-44.png

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is the caliper seated correctly? If it is the only thing it could be is the pad itself isn't flat.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

DarkRattle

Established Member
Is the caliper seated correctly? If it is the only thing it could be is the pad itself isn't flat.

I'm sure it is, so there's def something wrong with the left wheel's pad contact right?

01yellercobra

Established Member
In my opinion there is. I had a similar issue with a rear pad, but the caliper itself wasn't seated correctly.

DarkRattle

Established Member
In my opinion there is. I had a similar issue with a rear pad, but the caliper itself wasn't seated correctly.

So I took the wheel off took the caliper off and looked at it, the pads are in right, the calipers on right, and it's still same thing.. Do you think the pistons aren't pushing hard enough or something?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What does the inside of the rotor look like? Is the pad making contact? Did you clean and lube the pins?

DarkRattle

Established Member
What does the inside of the rotor look like? Is the pad making contact? Did you clean and lube the pins?

the side of the rotor that the you can't see is being rubbed off normally, the inside looks fine, it's only the outside that looks like that, and yes its lubed.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can always take the pad off and check the surface against something flat. If it's flat I'd have to say something is sticking. The caliper relies on being able slide in order to squeeze both sides of the rotor.

DarkRattle

Established Member
You can always take the pad off and check the surface against something flat. If it's flat I'd have to say something is sticking. The caliper relies on being able slide in order to squeeze both sides of the rotor.

So it's slowly starting to scrape more and more of the black off.

Users who are viewing this thread