New! Rosen Factory style up top Nav radio Link inside.

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
I ended up buying the 8" Android tsblet radio from ottonavi because it sits on the top not the bottom of the radio console. It also def have some bugs and i have sent them some videos so far, but i do love it other wise.

I don't know how well it would work, but with the ottonavi unit being android, could you run a bluetooth adaptor to the OBDII port and monitor the ECM via something like the torque app? I think it would be pretty cool to be able to set that up.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
I keep watching the Ottonavi, it's on sale for $799 but I guess I'll hold off until they get the bugs fixed.

For the guys that had them, aside from the bugs, how is it? Good sound quality? My Boss is of course the base unit and I'll upgrade the speakers and amp also. Is there a preamp output on it for an amp?

dead man walkin

Established Member
BDF that's exactly what I was thinking!! Install the obd2 dongle and the "torque" app. Ooohh that would be pretty awesome!! And I'm a huge Android fan. But... trusting my dash to a semi untested setup... I cant

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
This is the exact same Rosen system as above...just in the F150. the truck version came out about 9mo ago I think!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqV-7idE9A

then there is this Advent piece which is REALLY nice...just not made for the Mustang...YET:

Advent : Search : f150
OFO1501_1.png

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I don't know how well it would work, but with the ottonavi unit being android, could you run a bluetooth adaptor to the OBDII port and monitor the ECM via something like the torque app? I think it would be pretty cool to be able to set that up.

Yes it would work with the TRQ program with that plugged in. As I said before the OttoNavi system hardware is solid. Its the software that is crap. I have until the 24th to send it back, because I did a paypal refund. It seems OttoNavi does not want to send me a RMA shipping because of it lol. So I am going to take a look and see what I can come up with in the meantime.

I was looking in the system folder, and I see where all the APK's are. Now I just need to figure out the call libs and I'll get somewhere. I did test the system with a windows 8 style launcher, and it worked ! I am going to try to replace the dial-er and a few other APK's tonight. What I would really like to do is root it so I can get superuser rights. But without knowing the lib system, I do not want to risk bricking it.

The buzz noise I have with unit is a harness issue. So if I can get done what I am trying to do, I'll just fix the harness, or tell them I need another .... After looking around more, and see'ing what kenwood and the other big companies offer, I decided, what the hell......let me see what I can do. So for the next few days it's "tear down their software and make it better time" The system engineer in me will not let it rest without trying.....lol. If it does not pan out, at least I know I gave it a go. I'll keep you guys posted on what I come up with.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
If i cant watch movies (or should i say my passengers) then i have no interest

On the OttoNavi, you ground the pink wire and you can watch and do everything on the fly. Another little bite I discover going over this unit and talking with the techs...

Edit
Well now its official. I am not sure what they did, but without a root, I can get nowhere...So back in the box it goes. On to the next one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread