New ride for the wife help

Red3

Established Member
My wife currently drives an 03 Cavalier and she wants something with more room since we have a daughter now. We would both love to get a F-250 but realize we don't need it and it would be a waste of money. So right now I am leaning towards a Trailblazer SS, F-150 HD, Avalanche. Any ideas on other vehicles or opinions on these? Anything about these that I should be aware of?

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
All three that you mentioned can pass everything...except a gas station.

Ford Escape Limited, perfect for a three person family. Full loaded under $30K

Last edited:

steve9361

Established Member
what year ss and hd? the hd would be the best bet. it is clean as hell and if you get the supercharged one you will have the hump to get kids to school quick:rockon:

Common

Established Member
I am getting this for my girl so.............

broom_big.jpg

Red3

Established Member
what year ss and hd? the hd would be the best bet. it is clean as hell and if you get the supercharged one you will have the hump to get kids to school quick:rockon:

Not sure of what years. Don't really know the differences between them.

used 4 dr. car ... camry, accord, avalon

Don't want a car. SUV or truck

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
regular TB, tahoe, it depends on how much space you really want. expedition...etc.

my old gf had an EB expedition and it was a great truck, drove the piss out of it. only ever had one problem with it, it had the 3rd brake light go out.

TEGEN

Established Member
I got my wife an Acura TSX, and she LOVES it. 200hp 4 cyl & over 30 MPG freeway. We road trip the hell out of it.

Get a gas hog for your use, since you actually care about rwhp.

Most chick just want a "cute" reliable car that's a little snappy.

/Ladies of SVTP excluded for this data.

Yes. I just said snappy.

Red3

Established Member
I got my wife an Acura TSX, and she LOVES it. 200hp 4 cyl & over 30 MPG freeway. We road trip the hell out of it.

Get a gas hog for your use, since you actually care about rwhp.

Most chick just want a "cute" reliable car that's a little snappy.

/Ladies of SVTP excluded for this data.

Yes. I just said snappy.

Well, the ones I listed aren't just what I want. She wants something that has a lil power to it.

LOL at common....

but have you considered a Pontiac Solstace

Already said no cars and the Solstice is a 2 seater. How is that moving up in room from a Cavalier??? LOL

GodStang

Established Member
Our Tahoe gets better gas milage than our Escape. We hated the Escape. Any breeze and the POS was all over the road. Love the Tahoe its not big as you thing but makes towing stuff great.

homer302

Banned
Not a GM guy and too lazy to go check but I thought I read that the Trailblazer SS was dead. Could be wrong.
That would be a horrible DD anyway. Did you marry a mouse or what? My wife can talk and actually has opinions about what she wants. Is she a mute?

Last edited:

SVT_4_me

Established Member
Our Tahoe gets better gas milage than our Escape. We hated the Escape. Any breeze and the POS was all over the road. Love the Tahoe its not big as you thing but makes towing stuff great.

what year escape? our '09 with the V-6 and 6 speed auto averages 25 MPG. it rides awesome and has good power too...

Users who are viewing this thread