New Ride '99 Cobra

ttbit

Long Time Mustang Fan
Established Member
I was able to add a Mustang back into the stable. My 2006 Mustang GT was totaled in an accident several weeks ago. I did plan to keep that one to pass on, as my relatives in MI actually built the car, but things just don't always work out like you expect. I went into high gear finishing my 302 Sport Trac conversion so I would have something to drive while I began the search for a sports car. I wasn't sure I was going to get another Mustang. I looked at quite a few cars that were pretty nice, but I guess I just really like Mustangs.

I was turned onto this forum at a local car hang-out. After thinking about it, it seemed like I would be happier starting out with a Cobra with what I was looking for. I never owned a "New-Edge" Mustang, but owned these year Mustangs '76,'77,'78,'80,'83,'84,'88,'95, and '06. After looking at a few on here, they really started to grow on me. I saw this '99 on this forum. I ended up flying out to TX and drove it over 1200 miles back to TN. Averaged about 25 mpg at 70-75 mph. All in all, it was a good experience. The seller was very nice and picked me up at the airport.

This is my first convertible also. I'll have to take more pics. This was a pic I snapped at a rest stop on the way home.

Thought I would drop a msg and share!

reststop.jpg

Kn38ms

Glockaholic...
Established Member
Nice score!
I just recently returned from CO with my new to me 01' Vert.
How many miles on her?

wma8706

Established Member
congrates. You'll get a ton of info in this forum. Thougt I'd share some blk newedge vert pics....
jd2copy4.jpg
jd3copy.jpg
cobra123copy7.jpg
cobra124copy5.jpg
dsc00482kx6copy4.jpg
dsc00181copy13.jpg

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
congrats on the new ride! just out of curiosity what size tires are those? the side profile looks to wide for some reason.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
Welcome man.. Nice looking Cobra. Black always looks good :D.. This is a great place to find info on these cars so don't hesitate to ask.

ttbit

Long Time Mustang Fan
Established Member
Thanks all. Some nice ride pics for sure. Matt, I don't know how the heck you noticed that with those pics, as I didn't even notice looking in person! You are correct! 225/55/17s. That seems to be an odd size.

I have some days off this week, so I am going to go through it. Seems I have to take a car apart before I feel comfortable with it. I can't find any labels that say it has had the recalls done. The parking brake feels like a spring is broken too (or at least doesn't feel right), so I'll have to call the dealer and see if they have the info. I need to paint the inner part of the rotors as the rust look is killing me. While I am in there, I will check the brakes and such as the driver front seems to rattle over bumps slightly. Maybe someone missed an anti-rattle clip. I also have to fix a rattle/squeak coming from the rear driver's side molding. WOW...that is noisy. I'll have to search to see if someone explains how to remove it.

On the ST conversion. I believe I am the first to do it. Not sure why nobody else has yet...other than it being a tight PITA to work on. :) I am on the Explorer forums with the same name as here. I bought a wrecked 1996 Explorer and planned on doing another Ranger 302 (have done 3 others) and ran into a great deal on a high mileage ST. When they first came out, I test drove one and thought...if it had a v8, I would probably buy one. I am working on a conversion web site/page to explain more details, but haven't had much time lately to attack it. Here is a shot of the engine compartment though. I still have to hook up the A/C, but I have been driving it for some weeks now. Thanks for asking about it.

engcomp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread