New recall not true

Blue03

Established Member
Just posting a quick response you can see my answer in the first thread. The new "recall" was a joke my contact played on me using the accelerator pedal recall, only all the wording pertaining to it was replaced with crankshaft fracture. It looked real and that is why I posted; to see if anyone else had heard about it. He did a good job, creativity at it's best. That's OK, as payback's can be a bitch. So you all can sleep easy again, there are no crank concerns.

Jpjr

Established Member
Blue03 said:
Just posting a quick response you can see my answer in the first thread. The new "recall" was a joke my contact played on me using the accelerator pedal recall, only all the wording pertaining to it was replaced with crankshaft fracture. It looked real and that is why I posted; to see if anyone else had heard about it. He did a good job, creativity at it's best. That's OK, as payback's can be a bitch. So you all can sleep easy again, there are no crank concerns.

unfortunately this is all over the internet now lol.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Smooth move exlax.... way to research a subject before causing a panic. Mods need to change your user name to "Cry Wolf" or "Chicken Little". :loser:

U.M.

Blue03

Established Member
LOL!! Geez, I REALLY should post his number and let him take the heat for this one. He is in a position to get that kind of info and he did a really nice job of sending me a copy of it. Looking at it, it looks like the real deal. He does a good job of playing straight man so I got stung. He did admit it to me this morning when I questioned him. MY intentions were in the right place. He will get his, don't worry. In fact I will be taking suggestions :idea:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Blue03 said:
LOL!! Geez, I REALLY should post his number and let him take the heat for this one. He is in a position to get that kind of info and he did a really nice job of sending me a copy of it. Looking at it, it looks like the real deal. He does a good job of playing straight man so I got stung. He did admit it to me this morning when I questioned him. MY intentions were in the right place. He will get his, don't worry. In fact I will be taking suggestions :idea:
I realize your intentions were well meant, but man did your initial post send MASSIVE shock waves through the Terminator community.... it's ALL OVER the net currently....

U.M.

Blue03

Established Member
Uncle Meat said:
I realize your intentions were well meant, but man did your initial post send MASSIVE shock waves through the Terminator community.... it's ALL OVER the net currently....

U.M.

Yeah, I was looking only to see if a few had heard about it because I was truly surprised. I should have figured this stuff would travel faster than than a Cobra down the quarter mile.

seanwr400

Established Member
:( I was all set to use this as the reason for justifing t omy wife the need for a new super terminator short block. Oh well, back to plan a (Run it till I put a hole is the side of the block)......

Blue03

Established Member
Thanks Gary. Great suggestion, I will do that. I was curious if anyone had heard about it for obvious reasons, next time I will check amongst our group only before it goes anywhere else.

Jpjr

Established Member
great that its not true, but sucks that its not true as well from the perspective that mct members have the inside scoop on everything.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Jpjr said:
great that its not true, but sucks that its not true as well from the perspective that mct members have the inside scoop on everything.

Yep...we are now known throughout the speed community as the Motor City Rumornators... :bored: :poke:

Shows how powerful information is...even if it is false. The lesson here is a little due dilligence can go a long way, especially since many of our members are revered as dependable keepers of "inside" info...and we are.

Rich's heart was in the right place...he just jumped the gun on what he thought was good data.

Not gonna shoot the messenger this time...but cause for pause is in order before screaming fire in a crowded theater. :beer:

Hey Rich...instead of bringing the doctored document to our next gtg...bring the doctor himself!! :bash:

Last edited:

Blue03

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Yep...we are now known throughout the speed community as the Motor City Rumornators... :bored: :poke:

Shows how powerful information is...even if it is false. The lesson here is a little due dilligence can go a long way, especially since many of our members are revered as dependable keepers of "inside" info...and we are.

Rich's heart was in the right place...he just jumped the gun on what he thought was good data.

Not gonna shoot the messenger this time...but cause for pause is in order before screaming fire in a crowded theater. :beer:

Hey Rich...instead of bringing the doctored document to our next gtg...bring the doctor himself!! :bash:

I like your train of thought George, We will put an apple on his head and see who can shoot it off :rollseyes Seriously, I was supposed to be told BEFORE I started checking into it but those involved with this prank got sidetracked before it happened. Don't worry, I am taking the heat well and learn from my mistakes, even honest ones. Wow, I need a beer tonight! :beer:

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
seanwr400 said:
:( I was all set to use this as the reason for justifing t omy wife the need for a new super terminator short block. Oh well, back to plan a (Run it till I put a hole is the side of the block)......

Back to "Plan b" is what you really meant :banana:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Snakebite said:

So true, I work for Ford and there is nothing but rumours. If I were paid 1 dollar for every rumour i've heard over the 17 years i've worked for Ford, I would be rich. Most things you hear are simply not true. There will be more assemby plant closings and from what I hear, Wayne assy is on the chopping block (where I work). Who knows, its all a big secret and nobody can do anything about it. The crankshaft thing was good though. It didn't really matter to me because super terminator shortblock is in my future anyway!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I knew it was bullshit. These cranks are fine or we would have heard about many failing with the excessive mods on this site. Also, it's not something Ford would replace unless they where failing in the first 36k. As for a carpet recall, I'll do the mod myself, I don't want the dealership screwing up my carpet and getting grease on the seats.

Users who are viewing this thread