New Ranger information?

JasonFC

Somethings different
Established Member
I've been scrubbing around for any new information I can find on the upcoming Ranger, but to no avail. There's gotta be something out there... I'm in the market for a new midsize truck and would like to wait for the Ranger, but if it doesn't soundly outclass the Tacoma, I don't need to wait.

What've you guys heard?
2.3 or 2.7 ecoboost? 6 speed manual, 10 speed auto?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Haven't announced much yet. Will be out at the mid-end of next year as MY19.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There are spy shots of a rumored "Ranger Raptor." Not that it will be called that, just hinting at an off road oriented model.

Ford won't release much information until November-January at the earliest.

AAG

Established Member
It would be a rocket with a 2.7 ecoboost, but I don't think Ford would do it. My best guess is it's getting a 4 cylinder turbo ecoboost and diesel options.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I want one just like my current one, but that ain't happening. I don't want a mid-sized, I want a small truck. If it is smaller than a Colorado, I might spring for one.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I want one just like my current one, but that ain't happening. I don't want a mid-sized, I want a small truck. If it is smaller than a Colorado, I might spring for one.

Its going to be nearly the same as an F-150. Runs longer than the shortest F-150, but not as long as the longest, and slightly narrower.

Users who are viewing this thread