New pulley & chip results

nsreed

Established Member
For those that had asked me to give my thoughts after I added my new pulley & flip-chip, here they are!
INCREDIBLE!!!

First, I added the FR-500 cat back exhaust & K&N system that eliminates the factory air cleaner just after I got my car in May. I have been blessed with this car. I have had NO problems at all. None of the issues I have read about on this forum ie: bad gas, bad cats, no pulling left or right, smooth as silk to 125 mph, no vibrations. No interior rattles, etc. The only thing I had it back to the dealer for was an oil change at 500 miles and a new steering wheel. ( The leather had a small chip in it when it came off the truck.)

This past Thursday I got my 2.92 DUB pulley from South Florida Pulley Headquarters. I also got the puller tool he sells. The stock pulley came off pretty easy. Terry Reals the owner of this company REALLY has a great product. His DUB pulleys ( Dial Your Boost) are so cool. You press on a hub that stays on the blower shaft. Then you mount the pulley on the hub with 4 torx screws. SO, if you want to go to his 2.80 pulley or go the other way, (he has pulleys in the 3.0 + size too and I think the OEM size as well)
All you have to do is loosen the belt, unscrew the 4 torx bolts and you pop on whatever size pulley you want!!
I put on the new Gatorback belt, changed the spark plugs (NGK-TR6) and took it for a drive. VERY noticable difference but at higher RPMs I could tell it still wanted the new chip.

Today, Saturday, FedEx delivered my Flip-Chip that I bought from Terry as well. With a little help on the ECM location from Mark alias:"mjchip", thirty minutes later I had the flip chip in and the car running. Terry custom burns the chips to the mods you have on your car.

I can't even begin to tell you how strong this car is now with everything in place. I don't have any 0-60 times yet or dyno numbers, but I will soon enough. ( I have that info on my car as it was stock)
All I can say is if you are cruising about 40 to 50 in third gear and stand in it, it pulls in third & fourth gears, as hard or stronger then they do in first and second from a dead stop in stock form. There is a HUGE difference. Puts you back in the seat right NOW. Even on the freeway at 70 to 80 in 4th OR 5th gear, the pull is unreal!! At any speed no matter how easy you drive, or if you want to get on it a bit, the car just runs so well. It is a great set up and the way it SHOULD have run from the factory!

I HIGHLY recommend South Florida Pulley Hdqts. Terry is a great guy and knows his stuff. Excellent customer service and tech info! He has lots of items in stock for our O3 Cobras. Look him up at:
www.southfloridapulleyhq.com

Enjoy the ride
NSR:-D

Users who are viewing this thread