New pulley and belt sounds like a F-16

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Well I installed my new Altenator from PA Performance w/ a Metco 3.2 pulley and a new Gates belt. Now the car whines so loud at idle and low rpm's like its got a centrifigal supercharger on it. I've heard people talk about the belt whine but I just want to make sure its normal and not the brand new altenator. Surely not!! I've only got 12 miles on it. Its way louder than my old altenator was when it was going out. Is it the non-slip alt. pulley and new belt? It sounds like a F-16!:rockon: I can get a sound clip later if it would help.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
It will be louder but it shouldnt sound like a cent supercharger.
Make sure you didnt connect the vacume lines the wrong way. There is a way(wrong) to connect the lines in such a way that the blower will produce the whine in the manner you speak of.

MustangThief

Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Make sure you didnt connect the vacume lines the wrong way. There is a way(wrong) to connect the lines in such a way that the blower will produce the whine in the manner you speak of.

Uh-oh spagetti o's. :D

27x10.5

Established Member
I just put on the Billetflow idlers and get F-16 noises while driving. My old belt fit perfect because I was replacing a couple old aftermarket pulleys...I don't get it. Pitch goes up as I drive the thing

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Vacuum lines on an altenator??

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
I believe its the high quality gates belt that does it ? You got the green stripe right ?

When my gates green stripe was brand new it made the noises also, 10k later and the noise is gone at idle.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Of course it shouldn't be from the alt. I was just saying if he had the intake off and didnt connect the lines properly you'll get the sound he speaks of,
at idle, not cruising.
The GB belts do sound louder but not as loud as a cent blower thats for sure.

ponyboyx04

Established Member
sounds like a F-16? hell yea:rockon: , as long as it runs good and your not loosing power..

Users who are viewing this thread