New Project car found on CL.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
0m5p.jpg

2001 GT, black with sand interior, auto, 130K miles, 2 owner, never wrecked, Arizona desert car. Came with a second set of wheels; 17" Bullitt wheels.

The engine runs, but was overheated and now continues to overheat, blown head gasket, or damaged head.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
What are the plans for it? Seems like a very nice dd after it gets fixed. Stalled auto?

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
Plans are TBD right now, I got a 2004 Anniv GT to finish before I can get it into the garage and check ou the engine damage.

I got it for $1200.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I will post more as I get into it, but likely will be 3-4 weeks yet. It was just to good a deal on a solid straight desert car to pass up.

I could just fix the motor and flip it, but that would be a lot of work for 265HP, not me. I could swap the engine long block with one from a low-mile Lincoln less work and likely cheaper, but still 265HP. Maybe it needs that Mach 1 DOHC motor in my storage locker....... or maybe just rebuild with 96-98 pistons and get a pair of new stock 2V heads from Ford Racing. Lots of options when you start with a $1200 car.

Users who are viewing this thread