New product: Bps lightweight engine motor brackets for gt500

BilletProShop

Established Member
NEW PRODUCT: BPS LIGHTWEIGHT ENGINE MOTOR BRACKETS FOR GT500
Newly released!!! Billet Pro Shop lightweight engine brackets for the GT500 5.4 and 5.8 motor
These replace the factory cast iron brackets and save you 6lbs! (Stock is 12lbs) These brackets are precisely assembled using a tab and slot feature and are Gold Zinc coated for a long lasting and durable finish. They mount like factory and keep your engine in the exact same position.
Includes LH and RH brackets along with necessary hardware.

2015-09-26%2011.57.20_zps1xn82gwz.jpg

http://www.billetproshop.com/product/solid-engine-mounts-for-gt500/

Last edited:

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I installed these....stout pieces for sure....thanks again for all the great R&D you guys do......one of the only shops developing new hardcore products on a regular basis...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Is that 6 lbs each or total?

edit:
Also, do you give the torque specs for the bolts? You don't want to be best guessing it when torquing something directly to the engine block.

Last edited:

BilletProShop

Established Member
Is that 6 lbs each or total?

edit:
Also, do you give the torque specs for the bolts? You don't want to be best guessing it when torquing something directly to the engine block.

6lbs total which is half the weight of the oem pieces, i will post the torque specs tomorrow when i get to the shop

Coonsnake

Established Member
Triangle speed shop has some coming for their TT gt500, I'll be needing some myself soon Sylvain :)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I forgot to ask. What can you tell us about the frame isolater? How much additional NVH are we talking about here? I already have CHE's a-arm bar with torque limiters. That kit introduced some vibration and noise into the body and cabin. Not an intolerable level, though. Would adding these make it feel like driving around in a dedicated drag car?

BilletProShop

Established Member
I forgot to ask. What can you tell us about the frame isolater? How much additional NVH are we talking about here? I already have CHE's a-arm bar with torque limiters. That kit introduced some vibration and noise into the body and cabin. Not an intolerable level, though. Would adding these make it feel like driving around in a dedicated drag car?

no additional nvh , you are installing these in place of cast iron parts therefore it is the same

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I'll probably pickup a set of these. Are you positive they will fit '11+ cars? I've already been bitten twice by "fits the GT500." Not all S197s are the same under the hood and on the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread