new pressure plate?

logan_yomtov

Established Member
if i get a new clutch like a dfx for the 10 spline or a centerforce dual friction, do i need to get a new pressure plate or would just getting the clutch, TOB and resurfacing the factory flywheel work?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
logan_yomtov said:
if i get a new clutch like a dfx for the 10 spline or a centerforce dual friction, do i need to get a new pressure plate or would just getting the clutch, TOB and resurfacing the factory flywheel work?

Not sure If Im understanding this right but here's what I think.

If you get a new clutch like a DFX you will need to purchase the Pressure Plate and Disc as thats what a clutch kit consists of. Also, Centerforce told me that if you go DFX it will need a brand new pressure plate as a used one or your old one won't work with the DFX material.

The second part is about the Flywheel. Now there are plenty of people here who resurfaced their stock flywheel and used it with the DFX with no problems. And that may be the case for you. It really depends on the condition of your stock flywheel as if its warped I don't think it will perform as well. I'm no mechanic so I am not the one to determine the condidition of your stock flywheel. So with that being said If it were me putting in a clutch like the DFX I would spend a few more dollars and put a brand spankin new flywheel in with it. That way there is no second guessing whether it will work well or not.
Hope that helps..Jared :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
honest opinion.......for the PITA that a trans pull is, do it right with new stuff. Not worth doing it twice because your budget-clutch craps out on you.

Just start dialing that Lethal number above now..........

04Screamer

Established Member
According to Centerforce, the DFX pressure plate isn't available yet. So which one is everyone using with the DFX disc?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
04Screamer said:
According to Centerforce, the DFX pressure plate isn't available yet. So which one is everyone using with the DFX disc?
The Centerforce II pressure plate is the one most commonly used with the DFX disc. the part number is CFT360075 and always in stock here at Lethal Performance!
:rockon: Jared

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
I'm no expert on the subject, but the couple of shops that I've talked to, told me that a DFX clutch will eat a stock flywheel. Again this is just what I've been told from asking around.

I have to agree with Postban on this one, if your gonna pull it all apart, you might as well do everything right the first time, so you don't have to do it again anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread