New pics with new cam. Pros please help!!

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I felt like being productive, so I clayed and polished the car. Then since I bought a Nikon D40 this weekend I decided to try to take a picture. Now I have NEVER used anything but a point and shoot, and I have not retouched these at all yet. Once I can reinstall Photoshop cs on this computer I will play with them. Plus I need a lot of practice with this camera. I can't wait to get my new lenses and filters.

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Any tips from those of you with experience would be great. Thanks.

slowgtnky

they're just baby cams...
Established Member
nice pics. that d40 does wonders for the money...i am looking into getting one myself

Slow99x

Established Member
Very bad location to shoot. The ones with the flag pole are the worst of them. The subjects are great and the quality of the camera is good too (I have a D40 as well). You are taking away from the subject when you shoot in a "busy" location. The eye wanders away from what you are trying to shoot. Stay away from things growing out of the hood and roof like that flag pole. We just did a photo shoot behind a warehose that the only thing behind our cars was garage doors. Check these out http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...625501-big-photo-shoot-today-tons-o-pics.html

Not bashing your pics just saying your location sucked for pics. Pick a better place and fire away!!!

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
Very bad location to shoot. The ones with the flag pole are the worst of them. The subjects are great and the quality of the camera is good too (I have a D40 as well). You are taking away from the subject when you shoot in a "busy" location. The eye wanders away from what you are trying to shoot. Stay away from things growing out of the hood and roof like that flag pole. We just did a photo shoot behind a warehose that the only thing behind our cars was garage doors. Check these out http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...625501-big-photo-shoot-today-tons-o-pics.html

Not bashing your pics just saying your location sucked for pics. Pick a better place and fire away!!!

I Understand completely what you are saying. The place I wanted to go to was much less busy as you put it, but because of road construction I could not get in. Your comments are exactly what I am looking for though.

a polarized filter would help you out

I ordered one today.

I promise a truck exactly like that, wheels, color etc.. drives around the Tulsa, OK area. Very weird.

No kidding. I have to see that.
Its amazing the truck hasn't snapped in half from undercarrage rot yet :D

Your car looks GREAT by the way!
Why do you say that about the truck? Thanks for the compliment on the car.

That's a bada** TRUCK!!!!

Nice Cobra too.

Thanks man.

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
I think a major problem is that you picked a place that is the same color as your car. So it all blends into one, and gets kinda boring. Sorry if that's harsh, but just my suggestion to find a place that's an entirely different color background, so the car stands out more.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Looks great man...I'm interested in the black pillars as well, do yo u like them? I've always toyed with this idea but I've never seen it before.

89coupe

Established Member
I felt like being productive, so I clayed and polished the car. Then since I bought a Nikon D40 this weekend I decided to try to take a picture. Now I have NEVER used anything but a point and shoot, and I have not retouched these at all yet. Once I can reinstall Photoshop cs on this computer I will play with them. Plus I need a lot of practice with this camera. I can't wait to get my new lenses and filters.

DSC_0226.jpg

Any tips from those of you with experience would be great. Thanks.

From dull, to wet to dramatic.

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0226c.jpg

DSC_0226d.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread