CGoeschel

Established Member
img1657j.jpg

img1656z0.jpg

img1659.jpg

img1651u.jpg

CGoeschel

Established Member
Looks great. How is the crankase ventilated?

Right behind the air filter in the intake tube. My procharged 2006 had a check valve that didnt work worth a crap. This new setup seems to be working fine so far.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The wife just sat on my knee and we studied each photo - I've been pushing hard for her to get one, and while she initially was drawn to blue I've worked hard to convince her that white would be the one to have.

Sir, your car convinced her. White it is.

I've also had the Roush grille in mind, as well as removing the 5.0 badges on the fenders. She thinks they're cute (sigh). What I'm wondering is - can the CS lower valence now be ordered on a non-CS car (as well as the rear blackout panel)?

And the Eibach kit - is your alignment back to stock specs or do you now have some additional negative camber (I'd assume that your toe and caster settings were put back to stock)?

Anyway, very clean, and exactly what I've been envisioning.

Tob

CGoeschel

Established Member
The cs front and rear valences can be purchased and installed through your local Ford dealer. I bought the camber bolt kit from Ford so that when they aligned the front end it could be brought back to factory specifications. Thanks for the kudos! I really enjoying this car and im sure you would too!

9900blueoval

Established Member
The wife just sat on my knee and we studied each photo - I've been pushing hard for her to get one, and while she initially was drawn to blue I've worked hard to convince her that white would be the one to have.

Sir, your car convinced her. White it is.

I've also had the Roush grille in mind, as well as removing the 5.0 badges on the fenders. She thinks they're cute (sigh). What I'm wondering is - can the CS lower valence now be ordered on a non-CS car (as well as the rear blackout panel)?

And the Eibach kit - is your alignment back to stock specs or do you now have some additional negative camber (I'd assume that your toe and caster settings were put back to stock)?

Anyway, very clean, and exactly what I've been envisioning.

Tob
REMOVE the badges that would be nuts !!thats like pullin a 409 badge off an early 60's impala!! that badge is iconic,and IMO bought the car world out of the dark ages in the mid 80's

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
REMOVE the badges that would be nuts !!thats like pullin a 409 badge off an early 60's impala!! that badge is iconic,and IMO bought the car world out of the dark ages in the mid 80's

I've been around for a long time. The Fairmont chassis stuffed with a big 302 (remember the 255 debacle?) and Pony/HO/5.0 badging always made me chuckle. That's not to say that either the '88 coupe or the '90 ragtop I have aren't done right...

ry%3D480

They are.

I still find the plastic badging cheesy, same as with the new model. My badges are long gone. The stance and exhaust note do the talking.

Same with the big boy.

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7725.jpg

Most all of the Shleppy nomenclature has been relegated to the dumpster. As soon as I snag a set of CF fenders the cute little snakes will be gone as well. I don't feel the need to advertise, nor to worship the king of greed. Just a clean ride devoid of numbers and letters. And while I understand the evolution and respect the effort to modernize the 5.0 signature - I think the car has finally earned the level of respect that no longer necessitates Tiger Beat genre cladding.

The '11 makes a go of it on its own, more so than it ever did. JMHO.

Tob

Besides, the wife thinks the 5.0 badges are cute so they'd probably survive since it would be her car. My heat gun will come out eventually...;-)

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
sweet looking GT, but I cant get over how terrible that intake/filter look next to the motor cover. I wish there was a way to relocate it somewhere else.

CGoeschel

Established Member
sweet looking GT, but I cant get over how terrible that intake/filter look next to the motor cover. I wish there was a way to relocate it somewhere else.

yeah, thats the procharger way. the good news is that you dont have to cut a single thing under the hood to get it to fit and it really doesnt matter where the air is coming from since its headed to the intercooler before into the engine. IAT's are low. I havent had any detonation with the J. Lund tune.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Looks great Goesch! Decide on a set of wheels yet? I think you need to pony up and get some TF wheels.... :)

kingnut

Established Member
I've been around for a long time. The Fairmont chassis stuffed with a big 302 (remember the 255 debacle?) and Pony/HO/5.0 badging always made me chuckle. That's not to say that either the '88 coupe or the '90 ragtop I have aren't done right...

ry%3D480

They are.

I still find the plastic badging cheesy, same as with the new model. My badges are long gone. The stance and exhaust note do the talking.

Same with the big boy.

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7725.jpg

Most all of the Shleppy nomenclature has been relegated to the dumpster. As soon as I snag a set of CF fenders the cute little snakes will be gone as well. I don't feel the need to advertise, nor to worship the king of greed. Just a clean ride devoid of numbers and letters. And while I understand the evolution and respect the effort to modernize the 5.0 signature - I think the car has finally earned the level of respect that no longer necessitates Tiger Beat genre cladding.

The '11 makes a go of it on its own, more so than it ever did. JMHO.

Tob

Besides, the wife thinks the 5.0 badges are cute so they'd probably survive since it would be her car. My heat gun will come out eventually...;-)

agreed. i think the car looks so much cleaner without any badging whatsoever. i dont need everyone to know what i drive. just as long as they know by the stance and sound that its faster then theirs.

CGoeschel

Established Member
with these springs does it sit even front and back? or is there some rake to it? cant really tell, but im looking for some springs that wont give me any rake. your car looks sweet

Thanks! It sits pretty even.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread