New pics....now wingless

Sny714

Established Member
Well I finally bought a JLT RAI and ditched the BBK CAI so after the install I decided to take some pics. Last weekend I replaced my headlights with new FORD ones since mine weren't in good shape anymore and I decided to remove my wing...and I dont think its ever going back on. Im loving the wingless look. Such clean lines.

I have Coilovers to go in up front to drop it down a little more. MY H&R sports will then be for sale. Here are the pics from today.

Spring2010081.jpg

Spring2010076.jpg

Spring2010080.jpg

Spring2010085.jpg

Last edited:

KentuckyCOBRA

Established Member
Looks awesome! I think coupes look better wingless than the verts do....Idk why. Anyway, what did you do with your old headlights? Could you possibly take pics of them for me? I may buy them from you. If they are just faded out and such, that would be great because I can just wetsand the crap out of them and buff them out to get rid of my chrome ugloy ones! Are they OEM?? Fogging? If you want to possibly sell them..just let me know :). Thanks...and car looks amazing!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Looking good. I tried the wingless look on my for awhile and put the stock 99 Spoiler back on. Almost looked to plain for me. Even then it looks really good. I may change my mind again....always seems to happen :D

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Looks good man! What did you do about the holes left in your trunk lid though? Also were did you get the svt performance side window decals? I would like to have those..lol.

Sny714

Established Member
Looks awesome! I think coupes look better wingless than the verts do....Idk why. Anyway, what did you do with your old headlights? Could you possibly take pics of them for me? I may buy them from you. If they are just faded out and such, that would be great because I can just wetsand the crap out of them and buff them out to get rid of my chrome ugloy ones! Are they OEM?? Fogging? If you want to possibly sell them..just let me know :). Thanks...and car looks amazing!

Stock headlights werent in good shape. Foggy and the left one had a 4" crack in it.

Looks great! :coolman:

Welcome to the club! :beer: The car looks good, can't wait to see the front end lowered more.

Our cars are pretty much twins. I think I had the Fr500s before you, but you were also wingless way before me so it evens out. I cant wait til my front end is lower too. I had these Coilovers sitting in my garage for almost a year and half. Its time I put them in. Im way more satisfied with the Steeda springs in the rear then the H&R sports though. The steedas seem stiffer and give me the ride height I was looking for.

Looks good man! What did you do about the holes left in your trunk lid though? Also were did you get the svt performance side window decals? I would like to have those..lol.

I actually used Predatorbirds advice about getting Nylon plugs from ace hardware. I went to autozone after and got touch up paint, they only had chrome yellow as a ford yellow option though. Its close enough. Soon I'll order a zinc yellow touch up to paint new nylon plugs and put them in.

Heres the link for the decals.......http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cartplog.php?do=viewitem&cartplogproductid=26

Last edited:

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
awsome! Thanks! I just ordered two of the decals! I may go wingless....i like it just dont like having the thought of holes in my trunk..lol...your car looks great though!

Sny714

Established Member
awsome! Thanks! I just ordered two of the decals! I may go wingless....i like it just dont like having the thought of holes in my trunk..lol...your car looks great though!

The plugs were less than $3 in total. Its worth it to buy the plugs throw them in and drive around for a week and see if you like it. If you dont, put your spoiler back on and you lost $3 no biggy.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Our cars are pretty much twins. I think I had the Fr500s before you, but you were also wingless way before me so it evens out. I cant wait til my front end is lower too. I had these Coilovers sitting in my garage for almost a year and half. Its time I put them in. Im way more satisfied with the Steeda springs in the rear then the H&R sports though. The steedas seem stiffer and give me the ride height I was looking for.

The drop in the rear looks very similar to mine with H&R Race back there. I like the stiffer springs b/c I don't have to worry about bottoming out.

ochoa4730

ROOkie
Established Member
If you can take pictures of the trunk with the ''plugs'' installed, that would be very helpfull. I've been wanting to remove the spoiler but I dont wanna take it to a body shop and pay to get it plugged.....

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
Looking fantastic man!
I think this car would be really intimidating with the tails/brakelight blacked out!
Ever considered throwing on some bullit side scoops and mach 1 c-pillars? :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread