new pics, added a Saleen wing

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
added a Saleen S281 wing to the car. Don't mind the 2 rim look, back rims are my drag radial rims.

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

2000-S6

Established Member
very nice, indeed...i love both saleen and roush wings...i had a 98 cobra with a saleen wing. needless to say they are bad a@@ cars.:thumbsup:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
That does look good....very subtle but still aggresive :thumbsup:

4camV8

Established Member
sweet... i am all about no spoilers these days, but if i had to have one, that would be it... again, sweet...

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
just curious what you guys think about it...im thinkin about gettin it but i want some feedback.

looks good. That's the new version of the S281 wing

thanks for the compliments all. One thing I notice is that at certain angles, my car seriously needs bigger rims :coolman:

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
what do you guys think about the new 3 piece spoiler from saleen? its on like the 01 up cars i think

With the rest of the Saleen body kit, it's awesome... but stand alone on an otherwise stock car, it might be too much... just thinking out loud though... when you see those wings up close in person, they are huge... just massive pieces... it complements the aggressiveness of a saleen... but again, by itself it may be too much...

G

umustdv8

Established Member
I just installed the 3-piece wing. I think it looks sweet! Your paint shop is going to hate you though, because it takes a lot more work then other wings to paint. I had mine repainted 3 times before I put it on my car.

The kit has two bolts for mounting only. (Which are too small by the way.) Your paint shop will need:

3M Adhesive promoter
3M Doublesided tape

Without this stuff, your wing will fly off! I had to call Saleen, just to find out how to properly mount this thing. No instructions- No nothing.

Some shops will recommend you use glue to mount the 2 side pieces. I wouldn't recommend it, because that'll get realy messy and glue is hard to get off.

This pic is before I installed the H&R springs yesterday. I'm taking new pics today. This car is slammed now! :)

Last edited:

umustdv8

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
added a Saleen S281 wing to the car. Don't mind the 2 rim look, back rims are my drag radial rims.

Looks good, dude. The closer the spoiler is the the lengh of the back bumper, I feel it helps the symetry.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
yeah i agree...the wing looks good and will probably help with downforce a little...but it i fell in love with it when a guy came to the place i work with his new s281 supercharged and it had the wing and it was HUGE...it looked soo good though...and i usually cant stand large spoilers

Users who are viewing this thread