New Personal Best

Tonka Toy

Established Member
After putting my 4lb pulley on and getting a great tune from a local tuner, I got some 555r's put on Friday night. Saturday we all drove up to FFW in Richmond, VA. I got 5 total runs in the whole weekend. Saturdays times were a 13.0 at 103mph and 13.2 at 101mph. Saturday's weather was terrible as you all know. With the 13.0 run I knew with a little better weather I could make it in to the 12's. Well, my first run on Sunday afternoon I hit my best of a 12.9 at 104mph. I was stoked. That was the first round of the Tough Truck Shootout or whatever they were calling it. The second run I got was a bye and made sure I didn't red light it with an awesome R/T of .639 and a 60' of 1.95 to run a 13.0. Got knocked out on my third run with a 13.1 at 103mph.

So, to cap it off, I ran a 12.9 at 104MPH.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Originally posted by 02Thunder
Was Ed Clark the tuner? He works magic on Lightnings with SCT tunes.

Congrats on the 12s!
joe

Yeah, it was Ed Clark. He's awesome. I didn't realize he was so well known.

As for mods, I've got a Airraid CAI, 4lb JLP pulley, SCT chip with Ed Clark tune, Magnaflow catback, and a FTVB.

02Thunder

Professional Cynic!
Established Member
Ed Clark rocks. He has been around the Mustang world for awhile, and he has been tuning som monster Lightnings lately. Next time you talk to him, tell him RavenGT from Orlando said hi, and he has to come to FL this fall to tune my Lightning.

Joe

99L#411

Established Member
are your dyno numbers with that chip? i just installed a JDM tuned superchip today, didnt get a chance to drive it though, but at least it started up:rockon:

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Strip the truck of all you can and you'll be down in the low twelves, i popped off a 11.94 with just a 4 pounder and some other bolt ons....but anything that i didn't need to get down the quarter was removed....including the air filter wich netted me two tenths. Weight = speed.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Congratts on your new personal best, It was nice meeting you and all the virginia guys this past weekend.

I had a great weekend too

:-D

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
Congratts on your new personal best, It was nice meeting you and all the virginia guys this past weekend.

I had a great weekend too

:-D

Thanks. It was great meeting you and all the rest of the other L guys from this weekend. I wasn't surprised to hear you won Tough Truck. I didn't get to hear who you ran against in the finals though. I was happy with my performance considering it was only the second time I had been to the track. I'm sure you kinda knew that with all the questions I asked. Thanks for the info though.

Originally posted by 99L#411
are your dyno numbers with that chip? i just installed a JDM tuned superchip today, didnt get a chance to drive it though, but at least it started up:rockon:

Yeah, chip and 4lb'er plus Magnaflow catback and an airraid intake with my intake temperature was around 100*.

Originally posted by PimpRohr
Strip the truck of all you can and you'll be down in the low twelves, i popped off a 11.94 with just a 4 pounder and some other bolt ons....but anything that i didn't need to get down the quarter was removed....including the air filter wich netted me two tenths. Weight = speed.

You have to have a full interior to run Tough Truck at FFW.

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
Where is Ed Clark located at? Anyone have a number. Does he do the SCT tuners also besides chips. I am in Fayetteville, NC and I am willing to travel that far, probably like 5 hours, to find a good tuner.

Tonka Toy

Established Member
Originally posted by black04
nice #`s and welcome to the 12 second club

Thanks. Will be a little better this fall.

Originally posted by ronnie
Where is Ed Clark located at? Anyone have a number. Does he do the SCT tuners also besides chips. I am in Fayetteville, NC and I am willing to travel that far, probably like 5 hours, to find a good tuner.

PM being sent.

Users who are viewing this thread