New personal best.But I think something is broke.

351coupe

Established Member
Well I went to the track Wed night to try to beat my nitrous/slicks pass of 7.98 with a 1.71 60' with Nitto DR's and no spray.I did it with a 7.94 and a 1.72 60':rockon: The best part was no mods were done to the truck:) But,on the way to work today I noticed a vibration at about 40mph.It seems to get worse with increaced mph till about 70,and it is only really noticeable while I'm in the trottle,and at about 50 there is a very quiet but clear howlling.I have rulled out the motor,truck runs really smooth(just changed the plugs and oil)idle quaility is fine,oil pressure,water temp all good.I've kind of narrowed it down to the rearend,possibally the traction lock?What breaks in these rearends?I've heard the axles are very strong.Any help would be greatly appricated.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Congrats on the times...

I think your on the right track, but before I go digging into the rear end, I'd check to make sure you havn't simply thrown a wheel weight, or a driveshaft weight. I don't know though, if you only feel it on throttle, then it has to be the diff, or axle gear, perhaps the TC is going?

351coupe

Established Member
I can feel it very slightly off throttle,but when I get into the gas it gets alot worse,I thought about the wheel and ds weights but they would be noticable at all speeds correct?

Users who are viewing this thread