New PB!

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Ran a best of 10.85 @ 126 MPH! I fought traction issues, shift points too low, then too high, etc all weekend it seemed but I made a few 10 second passes and didn't break anything all weekend soo..... that's always good :)

My local track is usually really strict about passes faster than 11.5 without a cage (they threw another guy out yesterday for an 11.02) but they never said a word to me this weekend. I guess having the biggest sponsor at the track as a patient may have changed things there for me. I even took her for a pass and ran an 11.10 with her in the truck. They didn't even say a word when she got in the drivers seat on the return road and probly hit 100 mph! When she got in my L she said "I doubt this will be scary since I drive an open air 8.50 car," but it's a whole lot different in the passenger seat. 11 seconds later she said "F*^k I didn't excpect that!" LOL.

Anyway I know there is a lot more in the truck but our track closes for winter today so this was it for the year.

When I was racing in a King of The Street I had a pass where I nearly hooked perfect, got a 1.52 60' and a 6.83 1/8 but I lifted early running a 11.3 @ 96 and still broke out to loose the bracket. I wish I would have stayed in it that pass. By comparison my 10.85 came after a 1.61 60' and a 6.99 1/8. With a .9 beter 60' and a .16 better 1/8 mile the pass I lifted on would have probably been an 10.6 if I would have stayed in it.

May have to try the removing weight trick some of you guys do before next year, and maybe some full slicks, and..........

Having a blast with the L and had to share. I know there is more in it but better times will have to wait. This was at 23#'s of boost on C-16. Last dyno session was @ 21#'s and made 697/734. Driving around on the stereet today still on the race setup is insane. When I go back to pump gas it is going to feel so weak with just under 600 RWHP. LOL

Last edited:

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Mine started out stock and slower than yours is so I know how that feels too. Just feels so stupid fast driving on the street with my race tune right now compared to the 90 octane setup I normally drive on is all I mean, not that a 400 RWHP truck is slow.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
30X14 M&H Racemasters. I bought another set of them so I could continue to run in our King of The Street class which requires a DOT tire. I may look at other tire options next time and forget running KOS since I really struggle for traction with these now.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
UGH... not what i wanted to hear on the tires. I was having traction issues with the hoosier 28x10-16's co7 compound and was thinking of going with the 30x14's to help
My race tune when I get around to it in the next few weeks should be hopefully close to the same power or a bit less as i only have the little kb2.3

What tire are you thinking of running?

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
I was actually thinking of trying the Hoosiers that you have. I guess they may not be the answer either if they aren't working for you. Well my M&H's still have a lot of tread so maybe I'll just run them for another year and decide what to do then. I'll be bracket racing until next Labor Day before I turn it back up and run flat out again anyway.

Yes i was cool to be able to push it for a weekend.

Drag racing is done for the year but sledding season is coming up in two months so I'll be getting the Dragon out soon.

Newhotness008.jpg

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
Matt, my truck has never 60ft well as i am lowered alot with stiff springs and shocks and no traction bars so i have very little weight transfer.
I thought it was you who did the little write up that had several types of slicks and had the best 60's with the m&h 30's.
If my truck was closer to stock height a tire that was recomended to me was m&h's nostalgia slick in the 12-16 size. they are just over 30" tall 12" wide and for the 16" rim but behave much like a top fuel tire. and grow quite a bit with speed so you need at least 4" of room for the tire to expand. so bogarts or similar would be needed to get the tires tucked up in the wheel well. So at that point you are likely a serious racer and unlike me would not care about grinding the calipers to clear 15's and have a much better tire selection...
I sold my hoosiers and am not sure what to do yet...

chrisheltra

Established Member
Matt, my truck has never 60ft well as i am lowered alot with stiff springs and shocks and no traction bars so i have very little weight transfer.
I thought it was you who did the little write up that had several types of slicks and had the best 60's with the m&h 30's.
If my truck was closer to stock height a tire that was recomended to me was m&h's nostalgia slick in the 12-16 size. they are just over 30" tall 12" wide and for the 16" rim but behave much like a top fuel tire. and grow quite a bit with speed so you need at least 4" of room for the tire to expand. so bogarts or similar would be needed to get the tires tucked up in the wheel well. So at that point you are likely a serious racer and unlike me would not care about grinding the calipers to clear 15's and have a much better tire selection...
I sold my hoosiers and am not sure what to do yet...

Im lowered 4-5" in the rear with hotchkis leafs, 2" shackles, JDM longbars and Strange adjustable shock. My M/T 315/60/15 love it when I hit them hard and the rear is as stiff as possible. If I could make the rear even stiffer Im sure the tires would love it even more. So far my best 60' is a 1.47.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
Wasn't me who did a write up about multiple slicks. I have tried 28" ET Streets & my M&H's. When I compared those two back to back I was at 467/586 HP/TQ and running Lakewood slappers. I expected to pick up some with the shorter tire at that power level but it was harder to hook with them. My MPH was higher on the 28" tire but my best times for the day were on the M&H's.

I really don't want to buy another set of wheels so hopefully I can figure out how to get mine to hook with a 16" tire.

Users who are viewing this thread