New PB with so much more left on the table.

RFM50

Established Member
Pulled off an [email protected] and literally ran out of gas at the big end in the middle of 4th gear and got out of it right before crossing the beam. This was with a 1.560 60 foot. I was actually able to get down in the 1.4's but not on this run. Took about 5 runs prior to this one to get the meth dialed in, correct tire pressure and correct rpm launch. I had to back the meth way out because it doesn't have enough timing in the top end, to where you could feel it go rich. Was actually slowing down my trap speed. So I will be calling the boys at jpc on Monday to throw more timing at it.

D98GT

Established Member
Thats crazy to not run with at least a few gallons in the car with how our tanks are setup.

Congrats on the PB

CharlieR

Established Member
Yes be careful, lean from running out of gas is just like lean from tune/pump issue.
Congratulations on the PB, but 25 pounds of fuel would not have slowed you as much as running out. :)

mhyjek

Established Member
Pulled off an [email protected] and literally ran out of gas at the big end in the middle of 4th gear and got out of it right before crossing the beam. This was with a 1.560 60 foot. I was actually able to get down in the 1.4's but not on this run. Took about 5 runs prior to this one to get the meth dialed in, correct tire pressure and correct rpm launch. I had to back the meth way out because it doesn't have enough timing in the top end, to where you could feel it go rich. Was actually slowing down my trap speed. So I will be calling the boys at jpc on Monday to throw more timing at it.
I ran meth on my Paxton setup the problem is that widebands see rich and start pulling fuel check sfts. With our setup you have to disable the correction and compensate for the fuel in lambda which most tuners advise against so If you can get it worked out it would be great!
Subed for results

Eric@jpc

Established Member
I highly suggest running the car down the track with more then a 1/2 tank

the fuel will slosh around and that is a problem.

With the fuel that low yiu are really risking the engine

RFM50

Established Member
Ya I didn't do it on purpose. Didn't get a chance to stop on the way down there and didn't truley expect to get more than 2 passes in. I knew going into that last run I was playing with fire and will never do it again. I just had to take the gamble to see if I get that 10 second slip. I was fully ready to accept consequences if it went south. I got out of it as soon as I could feel the pump loose pressure. I didn't run it dry it was just like Eric said with the fuel slosh. I just figured ford would have left enough fuel in there for the people that will push there car past zero and then get mad because they ran out of gas. Like I said though it will never go down there again with less then half a tank again and if the light even comes on I'm heading to the gas station to get more.

RFM50

Established Member
Yes be careful, lean from running out of gas is just like lean from tune/pump issue.
Congratulations on the PB, but 25 pounds of fuel would not have slowed you as much as running out. :)

I actually would have preferred to have the extra weight for traction help. I went down there with a few other people and I was the only one that low. It was opening night and knew it would be packed and didn't expect to run more than twice, But was still able to run 7 times. The stop and go in the staging lanes is what sucked it all up.

Users who are viewing this thread