New PB tonight with the CPR Single Turbo 10.33@134

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Well, Have been on the dyno when I can, trying different cam timing with different boost and what not, along with some fuel testing.

The car has made a best of 757rwhp and ~680 ftlbs STD corrected.. dynocom software was giving me some issues and I did not get a screen grab of the graph but I had to back it down some and go from E85 to E50 so I could sping her a little higher without worrying about fueling.

So I pulled ~5* of timing and set her up for some E50, car made right at 686hp and 640ftlbs on a pretty steady 6.8lbs. Packed her up and headed to the track.
20131113_223622_zps22908b0b.jpg

First run of the night was

1.66 60'
6.753 1/8th
105.82 mph
10.477 1/4
130.96mph

It spun a little off the line, short shifted to 2nd at 6100rpm and in high gear, hit boost cut that was set at 8.5lbs and fell on its face on the back half.

So I lowered the boost a little, and nudged up the boost cut to 8.8psi and it netted me

1.668 60' <--I spun pretty good
GosmsPhoto1384486930712_zps0baff339.jpg

On this pass its still short shifted to 2nd and held 7.3psi - 7.5psi untill the top of 3rd and insto 4 where it hit 8.8psi overboost and fell on its face again.
Car crashed on the track leading to a long cleanup and no more runs for the night.

All in all, not too bad, I was trying to make adjustments a little at a time, to get it to not boost so much in high gear and not fall on its face from hitting over boost, but only got two runs in. I know its got an Easy 10.1-10.2 in it, and If i can get this 60' down, it would have been seen 9.99 tonight.

Old girl still putting out even with almost 54K miles!

Chris

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Outstanding sir, you did not disappoint. I tip my hat to you

I expect that 9.99 the next time you go out

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Outstanding sir, you did not disappoint. I tip my hat to you

I expect that 9.99 the next time you go out

Thanks man! Sucks you had bad luck! Im gonna try my best, damn car has been on the dyno so much doing small tweaks and testing stuff.

Congrats Chris! Figure out the boost cut/60foot and she will be in the 9s in no time!

I think its time for an adjustable UCA mount, and some shocks? Cause I know the starter at BMP and he said I slightly spinning the tires, and im rocking 325 M/Ts!

Get this crazy 1-2 shift figured out, Install my CO2 boost controller, and hook...I know Im gonna see 9.99 soooon :burnout:

04compgt

Established Member
Thanks man! Sucks you had bad luck! Im gonna try my best, damn car has been on the dyno so much doing small tweaks and testing stuff.

I think its time for an adjustable UCA mount, and some shocks? Cause I know the starter at BMP and he said I slightly spinning the tires, and im rocking 325 M/Ts!

Get this crazy 1-2 shift figured out, Install my CO2 boost controller, and hook...I know Im gonna see 9.99 soooon :burnout:

I am thinking your early 1-2 shift could be due to tirespin by looking at your 60ft times. As you know these cars see any little bit of tire spin and they short shift.

86merc

Established Member
Congrats Chris. I was getting texts yesterday when you were on the dyno and making passes. I could not believe the dyno numbers through a auto and that small amount of boost. Stout! haha

Not a bad first outing at all. Sorting out a new combo is to be expected. Especially with a Eboost controller. Should fly once you spend some time with it. I know there are more surprises on the frontier too. I will be watching progress for sure!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Congrats Chris. I was getting texts yesterday when you were on the dyno and making passes. I could not believe the dyno numbers through a auto and that small amount of boost. Stout! haha

Not a bad first outing at all. Sorting out a new combo is to be expected. Especially with a Eboost controller. Should fly once you spend some time with it. I know there are more surprises on the frontier too. I will be watching progress for sure!

Yea, Im also working on a trick pump setup so I can run E85 and not worry about it being on the edge at 7500rpm. So I should be able to lower the boost a tad and still pick up some power.

congrats on the new PB, hopefully I can make it there for the 9 sec pass

I know she has a 10.1 in her just getting it to not make too much boost in high gear, but The 9.99 I think will be in a few weeks. I dont know how far my stock suspension will carry me, hope its up to the task.

Voltwings

Established Member
I saw your build thread, but this shit is like the Where's Waldo of turbo kits, i cannot find it ANYWHERE online other than your build threads... am i missing something and this is a one-off kit?

keoni1984

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread