New PB N/A So close!!!!

04compgt

Established Member
I'm in your corner bro.:rockon:

unlike some other folks in the mustang community, I want us all to go faster, it drives the competition in us to go faster still.

so...............stock intake & 4.10's in your test plans?

No I think im going to try an aluminum driveshaft to see if it picks up any. I hate the look of the stock intake. I just love the look of the boss too much to get rid of it. The car has a hard time hooking now. I think the 4.10s will make it harder lol.

casper gt

Established Member
No I think im going to try an aluminum driveshaft to see if it picks up any. I hate the look of the stock intake. I just love the look of the boss too much to get rid of it. The car has a hard time hooking now. I think the 4.10s will make it harder lol.

I don't really think I saw much performance gains from my driveshaft, but to be fair, I put it in for safety reasons.

as to the traction, I don't know what your using for susp, tires, etc, but we went a 1.43 with minimal susp. (ie. bmr relocation brackets, bmr boxed poly/poly lowers in the top hole, removed front sway bar, thats it for susp, everything else is bone stock) & 295/55 mt et street radials

04compgt

Established Member
I don't really think I saw much performance gains from my driveshaft, but to be fair, I put it in for safety reasons.

as to the traction, I don't know what your using for susp, tires, etc, but we went a 1.43 with minimal susp. (ie. bmr relocation brackets, bmr boxed poly/poly lowers in the top hole, removed front sway bar, thats it for susp, everything else is bone stock) & 295/55 mt et street radials

I have the lowers in the bottom hole. Ill try going up with them to see if it helps any. You are running a larger tire than me so that might be on your side. I also have eibach lowering springs which dont help the situation. Then the big trucks carrying water and rocks up to the track didnt help either.

casper gt

Established Member
I have the lowers in the bottom hole. Ill try going up with them to see if it helps any. You are running a larger tire than me so that might be on your side. I also have eibach lowering springs which dont help the situation. Then the big trucks carrying water and rocks up to the track didnt help either.

+1, it can be tough at open test & tunes to get much done.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Sai, go with the middle position.

As for the springs, I'd love to see you throw a set of our fronts in their.

Keep it up!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
You don't list shocks/struts in your mods. Are they stock? Another key ingredient in a proper setup for the 1320, is to ensure proper weight transfer to the rear so those suspension mods can work for you. You can go adjustables or presets like 70/30s or 90/10s (90/10 not recommended on daily driver). I bet she bites then!!

Circle-D

Established Member
Very nice!!! 60s are good, but I think there is a little room for improvement. But sounds like the 5C is working very nicely.

Chris

04compgt

Established Member
Very nice!!! 60s are good, but I think there is a little room for improvement. But sounds like the 5C is working very nicely.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I do think it has more in the 60 ft. I am having a hard time really leaning on the converter to launch harder but its mainly track prep and I need to spend some time dialing in the suspension. So far I have been so focused on the tuning that I have been neglecting everywhere else. The converter just plain works though!

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Stock shocks and struts still.

Thanks Chris. I do think it has more in the 60 ft. I am having a hard time really leaning on the converter to launch harder but its mainly track prep and I need to spend some time dialing in the suspension. So far I have been so focused on the tuning that I have been neglecting everywhere else. The converter just plain works though!

:shrug:, I guess you do not believe me! At a minimum change the fronts out and allow the car to shift the weight and you will see lower 60ft times. The aluminum drive shaft is going to help with rotating mass and a fraction of weight but only contribute to any current tire spin as the car revs through the RPMs faster. You need the weight transfer for all of it to come together and work. Some set the car up where its already preloaded but its ugly as sin with the frontend higher than the rear for a daily driver. Just trying to help out!

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
:shrug:, I guess you do not believe me! At a minimum change the fronts out and allow the car to shift the weight and you will see lower 60ft times. The aluminum drive shaft is going to help with rotating mass and a fraction of weight but only contribute to any current tire spin as the car revs through the RPMs faster. You need the weight transfer for all of it to come together and work. Some set the car up where its already preloaded but its ugly as sin with the frontend higher than the rear for a daily driver. Just trying to help out!

I never said I didn't believe you. I just stated I still have the stock shocks and struts, I know that they will help, I have a few little "free tricks" I can try before I go spending money on shocks though.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I never said I didn't believe you. I just stated I still have the stock shocks and struts, I know that they will help, I have a few little "free tricks" I can try before I go spending money on shocks though.
Trust me it will be the best money you spend. You can find some tweaks in weight of certain items. I just truly believe that when you set this up in this manner, the 60ft will be in the 1.4 range and you will be running 10.8s or better. Your car is definitely moving out after the 1/8th. You went almost a full 27 mph faster! :thumbsup:

04compgt

Established Member
Trust me it will be the best money you spend. You can find some tweaks in weight of certain items. I just truly believe that when you set this up in this manner, the 60ft will be in the 1.4 range and you will be running 10.8s or better. Your car is definitely moving out after the 1/8th. You went almost a full 27 mph faster! :thumbsup:

It was a little over 26mph, it usually does 25 mph, I have a rule of thumb when I tune and that is that my tune is good as long as I pick up ~25mph on the backhalf. I totally agree, if I could do a 1.4x 60ft I do believe it will go 10.8, I am already working on that don't you worry, like I said I have been focused in tuning and dialing this thing in to what I believe is perfect and neglected other areas.

Last edited:

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
It was a little over 26mph, it usually does 25 mph, I have a rule of thumb when I tune and that is that my tune is good as long as I pick up ~25mph on the backhalf. I totally agree, if I could do a 1.4x 60ft I do believe it will go 10.8, I am already working on that don't you worry, like I said I have been focused in tuning and dialing this thing in to what I believe is perfect and neglected other areas.

Well, either way I wish you luck (or skill)! Yeah I left off that last 9, so it made it look closer to 27 than 26. Either way, the fact that you tune it yourself to achieve this is great.

04compgt

Established Member
Well, either way I wish you luck (or skill)! Yeah I left off that last 9, so it made it look closer to 27 than 26. Either way, the fact that you tune it yourself to achieve this is great.

Thanks for recognizing that, It has been a long time coming, over a year to be exact.

GearsNBeers

Established Member
Nice runs man. Coming out of the hole like that I bet you have a permanent grin plastered on your face lol. I noticed you had a 28" tire. After playing around around with a calculator do you think your 3rd to 4th shift right before the stripe is hurting you?

Users who are viewing this thread