New PB before auto swap.snake bite TVS/75mm pulley/8-6 rib/5% lower/MT82-

olaosunt

Established Member
Ran my PB tonight .It was cold mid 50's so bet DA was great!
Best part was I drove it home!
10.3@138 with 1.61 60 foot .First time below 7 second in 1/8,
Still on the MT82
/snake bite/75 mm pulley/5% OD/ET pros.
Leaving at 4000 on the 2 step.
At 4500 the tires just spun.
Still trying to see if I can row this into the 9's.
Any advice. Lol
I started the night with a 7 rib belt and ended with 6. Lol
Did not feel like the 6 rib was slipping but was not watching the boost gauge.
Going from a 5 % lower damper to 15% so I hope to pick up another 2 psi of boost ,from 18 to 20 and hopefully some MPH .Maybe trap 140.
I know I may be overspining the TVS. I don't care-if it pack sup I have the 2.9 whipple(can't sell it anyway) I can use with the 8 rib.Heck I may even do the 69 mm/15 % and get 22psi (The TVS I had on my GT500 made 22 psi with a 2.4 lower and 10 @ OD) with an ice box.lol

If I can get it to go 1.5xx 60ft with 140 mph trap that may get me a 9 sec slip.
If I get there I may leave the manual in it( I already bought a complete 6r80 swap including 3C Circle D converter and may resell it lol )
A friend took video of both runs I will post later.

6ef22c18-b6bb-49c1-8b21-15b50bc151b8_zps74a28178.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4d9hhpTwTY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
Nice runs. With a lil work on your 60 ft. you will be in the 9's!

You've already got the mph for single digits with a stick shift. Focus on the short time!

I hear ya and know you guys are right but I was looking for the "easy button" by just throwing more power at it.lol

I was lowered on K springs and my 60 ft's were in the high 1.6 range on the ET pros.I raised the back with older cobra jet springs(tried stock and they were crap) because I tried 29 inch Hoosier slicks-soft wall which were too tall and rubbed (The ET pros rubbed as well).Did not have much luck although I think I did not lower the psi enough(never went below 18) and they would bog.? too tall.

They did hook once when i dumped the clutch as I Had been advised(I am used to slipping it with radials) but below is what happened to the CF when they hooked. lol

I really like the ET pros.I have my Ford guys mount them and I drive them to the track with skinnies.I have driven up to 100 miles on them when I go up to Morroco and the ride is quite nice since they can be balanced.
They do not seem to be wearing as fast as the Cheater slicks I tried before which stopped hooking after few passes and street miles.

I am no expert(I am a novice actually) but I suspect the car would 60 ft better if I got rid of the rake by raising the front with the cobra front jet springs but the car would look like crap.
I may have to try the "enhance stance springs" that are lower all around.
My suspension mods are in the signature(I have not updated new cars and power train changes since the whipple snapped off the crank of my old 9.5 illuminator)
I am taking any suggestions before I give up and put in the auto.lol
I think I can launch harder than 4000 rpm on the 2 step but when I tried 4500 rpm the ET pros spun.It had gotten really cold by them and I am sure the track was getting wet as there was dew on my car.
I may try the Hoosier slicks again(this time I will slip the clutch) at lower pressure as I am told psi has to be much lower with the slicks.I just don't like that sway at the end of the track but I tubes may fix that(Not going to invest in another pair of hardball slicks when I will going auto eventually ....or may be not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread