New PB at the pony wars. 1.8x on Auto w/ bald st tires.. 11.92 w/ glitched bama tune

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
I just recently had a new o/r x pipe installed with gt500 axlebacks, along with 4.10 gears. So I called bama up and got a new tune for the pony wars this past Sunday. Well the tune I got seems jacked. All 3 tunes have a major delay and week shift, the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are hitting the rev limiter and the motor just dies and then shifts, it sounds like a manual tranny when shifting right now. there was a pass where it didn't do that, but sounded like it was slipping into 4th bad. I know its tune, because their tune I had on before from them was good, and shifted extremely hard and fast.

I went to the pony wars regardless thinking with the new gears I could get a new best and MAN that's a damn good track. I cut 1.8x 60fts, and ran a best of 11.92 in the 1/4 with these slow motion shifts. The 1/8 was 7.68. I actually placed 1st in the 12sec bracket, and there was a no break rule so I didn't get DQ with the 11sec pass. You can lookup south Georgia motor park on fb and see my name and e/ts there under kevin mallard.

I really believe 11.7s are possible at that track with the tune corrected. I'm so disappointed though, the exhaust I put on has a gasket leak at the manifold, and the tune is jacked. I won a 150 dolla steeda gift certificate, so I was thinking of using that for one of their tunes, has anyone went from bama to steeda? Their supposed to be sending me a new tune tomorrow, and if they don't get it right I'm going to steeda.

Full mods of car- Bama tune, upr 3 inch o/r pipe, gt500 ab's, airaid cai, tokico adjustable shocks, lowered 1/2 and bald 275/40/19 michellin pilot super sports

Users who are viewing this thread