New PB at Atco

mds370

Established Member
I took a ride to Atco Sunday morning to get in some practice runs before heading to MIR next week. I only could stay for 2 passes. here is he better of the two. I know my 60ft needs work. Mods in signature. Pulley on the shelf awaiting install.

77da7243-5d60-41a6-860d-8f8659cf1245_zpsj9mhbwvj.jpg
"]
77da7243-5d60-41a6-860d-8f8659cf1245_zpsj9mhbwvj.jpg
[/URL]

Blackdevil77

Established Member
That's solid run! Strong mph, especially without a pulley. I would be really happy with that 60 foot. I know the car can definitely do better, but that's about what my 60 foot goal is. I don't wanna blow up my torsen diff.

mds370

Established Member
That's solid run! Strong mph, especially without a pulley. I would be really happy with that 60 foot. I know the car can definitely do better, but that's about what my 60 foot goal is. I don't wanna blow up my torsen diff.

Thanks,my usual is a 1.68-1.73 . I launched at 3500 and bogged. Next pass I over did it at 4500 and spun out of the hole.

I went through 1 non torsen and 1 eaton diff. Now I have a true-trac :)

Great run!!! Put that pulley on already 40's or better.

Thanks, I'm thinking pulley install a MIR on friday. Maybe after I get it on the dyno. I hope to see you there racing.

Nice................

Thanks

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Thanks,my usual is a 1.68-1.73 . I launched at 3500 and bogged. Next pass I over did it at 4500 and spun out of the hole.

I went through 1 non torsen and 1 eaton diff. Now I have a true-trac :)

OH WOW! Maybe a 1.8 would be good enough for me. You bogged revving it to 3,500? What is your launch technique?

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Great times and the trap speed is excellent. especially the 660 foot. I think you were in the 10's last year with just gears right?

mds370

Established Member
OH WOW! Maybe a 1.8 would be good enough for me. You bogged revving it to 3,500? What is your launch technique?

I turn all of the electronics off. I avoid side stepping the clutch, and try to apply a steady motion of clutch pedal release while applying the throttle. Almost riding the clutch ,but not. I am still working on it. :D

Great times and the trap speed is excellent. especially the 660 foot. I think you were in the 10's last year with just gears right?

Thanks.. I was really happy to see 106 mph in the 1/8 . I was in the 10's last year with pretty much the same mods, but I added the BPS plenum and UPR offroad later in the season. I went from stock to tune,CAI and TB . Then a week or so later I did the swap to 3.73s. Never had gears only. Will you be back at MIR this year?

Great pass Marlon! Some lighter rims and a harder launch you will be deep in the 10's.

Thanks Frank, to bad you can't make it to Atco tomorrow night. Supposed to be some good air!

Add the pulley into the mix and he would definitely be deep into the 10's!

I have been going back and forth about swapping the pulley, but I do think it's time. :coolman:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
OK. I didn't know you had the tb and intake. It was hard enough to keep track of what I was doing.

I may go back to MIR weather permitting. I'm hoping to at least hit a 10.7. I didn't change much other than the clutch, and mufflers, I still have to install the BPS elbow.

paluka21

Established Member
OK. I didn't know you had the tb and intake. It was hard enough to keep track of what I was doing.

I may go back to MIR weather permitting. I'm hoping to at least hit a 10.7. I didn't change much other than the clutch, and mufflers, I still have to install the BPS elbow.

I'll bet your good for a 10.5 in good air. Look what your car was doing before with a slipping clutch! You can launch the car well, which gives you an advantage over a lot of people. Takes a nack bro!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great runs Marlon!
Impressive as usual good luck at NMRA MIR, it's not in the cards for me this year but hopefully next.
-J

mds370

Established Member
i went back tonight hoping to better my time but the wind wasn't in my favor.. I managed a 10.70@133 and a couple of 10.80s. I do believe tonight was the last of my unpullied track passes. So the 10.68 is it. Pulley goes on before I hit the track again.

I just looked at the weather. Maybe some rain on friday but the rest of the weekend is sunny. I think you will get the 10.7 , no more clutch issues holding you back this time around. Get that BPS elbow on and come on down! :-D

Nice pass! What octane do you run?

Thanks! I am running pump gas . 93 from my local BP station

I'll bet your good for a 10.5 in good air. Look what your car was doing before with a slipping clutch! You can launch the car well, which gives you an advantage over a lot of people. Takes a nack bro!

Thanks. 10.5x was my unpullied goal on 20's . I was hoping to get it before the MIR event. No big deal I am still happy about the way my car is performing.

Great runs Marlon!
Impressive as usual good luck at NMRA MIR, it's not in the cards for me this year but hopefully next.
-J

Thanks J! I was hoping to see your car in action at MIR and the twins could finally meet for a photo op. Hopefully you can make it out next year!

Very nice! Congrats

Thanks Thomas, and congrats to you also! Your car moves out!

Users who are viewing this thread