new PB.. 8 second street car

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Awesome pass man!! Do you have any pics of the engine bay that you can share?

j96bv7.jpg

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Absolutely great pass. Very clean looking build.
Quick question for you. I’m in the process of building a very similar longblock with flat tops shooting for around 10:1 compression too. Have you done any tuning on 93 octane? I plan to run E85 but it will run on 93 on occasion and especially when I first get the motor done and in. The E85 will come later after I get my fuel system parts put together and done.
I just wanna make sure I’ll be good with the 10:1 on 93 for a bit if I keep the timing reigned in.
Thanks
Ken

KEVINS

Established Member
Quick question for you. I’m in the process of building a very similar longblock with flat tops shooting for around 10:1 compression too. Have you done any tuning on 93 octane? I plan to run E85 but it will run on 93 on occasion and especially when I first get the motor done and in. The E85 will come later after I get my fuel system parts put together and done.
I just wanna make sure I’ll be good with the 10:1 on 93 for a bit if I keep the timing reigned in.
Thanks
Ken

Get a flex sensor installed now and set it up as a flex fuel car. That's what I did and it was a great move for my combo.

ks

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Get a flex sensor installed new and set it up as a flex fuel car. That's what I did and it was a great move for my combo.

ks
What compression are you running?
Do you have a build thread?
If you could just pm me some info on your build especially regarding your flex fuel set up and the ecu you are running. I don’t want to sidetrack the OP’s thread.
Thanks
Ken
Although my question still stands to the OP regarding any 93 octane tuning he has done it any at all. Thanks

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Thanks
Ken
I have not, I run only on e85. I'm sure it will be okay. I just wouldn't beat on it at all. I'm not sure if it will cause any sort of detonation even with timing pulled out of it. would hate for you to hurt new motor.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Thanks alot man! I'm a huge fan of you car btw. You really did a great job. I'm happy it runs so well! Any more info on the Holley setup you went with? Any extra options? That's next on my list. Was it easy to setup and tune? Thanks again!

I run the holley HP. it will do everything the dominator will just doesn't have as many inputs. so ur limited to how much you can do at one time. i just use the holley for the cool features it has like live tuning, compensation's and all of that. speed density is also way easier to tune then a MAF setup. in my opinion. also at that point you can run holley 160lb injectors and they are cheap! in comparison to what you would have to run with factory ecu they are expensive. i also run the holley dash, makes it so awesome to monitor everything right in front of you. if you go holley, make sure with boost and e85 you run the NTK wideband sensor. not the bosch. ntk is much stronger and better for e85, you will also need a map sensor for boost. i run the 3.5 bar holley sensor. and then you need a 100psi transducer for fuel and oil pressure. i run factory crank sensor, cam position, coolant temp, air inlet sensor.

1990jmcturbo

@03svtjmc
Established Member
Does it have a flex fuel sensor or traction control? Do you run a knock sensor? What about a tps and iac?
TPS is out of a 5.0 fox body mustang to work with the fox body acufab throttle body. no knock sensor, I don't run flex fuel just e85 all the time from BP gas station pump. and I don't have traction control setup. if needed I just ramp boost in slower or you can play with pulling timing off the line. I just haven't taken the time to hook up all the traction control stuff. I don't do no prep racing anyways so I'm not to worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread