New Paint Protection frm 3M

enormous

Established Member
http://3mauto.com/paint-defender-spray-film.html

"Quote"
ImageProxy.mvc
3M Innovation Transforms Liquid into Clear, Durable Film For Added Barrier Against Everyday Wear and Tear

ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 30, 2013-- 3M, the market leader in professionally applied protection films, is disrupting the traditional notions of vehicle paint protection. The new 3MTM Paint Defender System harnesses the power of 3M technology by spraying on as a liquid before transforming into a clear, durable film. The addition of Paint Defender to 3M's current line of professionally applied films provides consumers with a variety of price and performance options to select from. The added barrier serves as a lasting line of defense against everyday hazards on the road, such as road chips, that threaten vehicle appearance.

This system is the latest innovation from the company's Automotive Aftermarket Division and embodies 3M's broad expertise in polymers, weathering, adhesives and films.

3M Science and Innovation: Transforming an Idea into an Effective Solution

The 3MTM Paint Defender System formula started as a way to temporarily preserve vehicles during transport from the factory to the dealer. The original solution, developed by a curious 3M employee, addressed a fear among dealers about damage to their vehicles' exteriors before they left the lot.

3M experts collaborated over the course of the next two years to evolve the initial formula. What started out as murky, brush-on "goo" transformed into today's Paint Defender System that addresses a broader consumer need. Highlights included:

Invisible: Scientists tweaked 248 different test formulas over the course of eight months before landing on a winning chemical balance that offered 100% clarity and a seamless finish.
Easy Application: Months of advanced adhesives exploration yielded a unique aerosol delivery system that allows both the novice and experienced customers to feel comfortable using themselves.
Durable: Product developers pursued extensive in-house testing to determine the film's durability using world-renowned research facilities, industry standard yet proprietary weathering systems, and gravelometer impact tests under ASTM-D3170.
Removable: Collaborative teams refined the formula's compatibility and concentration elements to achieve a thin film that was thick enough to protect, but also removable.
3M Leadership: Introducing Paint Protection Film to an Automotive End User Audience

"Over 90 percent of vehicles on the road don't have paint protection," said Adam Wilt, Global Business Manager, 3M Auto Care. "Our goal was to create a solution that was smart, accessible, and convenient. Now, consumers can take simple steps from their driveway to help keep vehicles looking newer for longer."

The 3MTM Paint Defender System applies in three easy steps using a unique spray trigger designed for ease and comfort. The end result protects vehicles for at least one year from elements across the country, like love bugs in Florida, sand in Arizona, winter road grime in the Northeast and Midwest, and paint chip-causing debris anywhere. It also removes cleanly when the time comes to add a new layer

Imatk

Established Member
I ordered this from Amazon so I'm kind of eager to see the results.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I ordered some from Amazon as well. I think Amazon and Autozone are the only places you can get it.

I have a polished hood, and it's a real bitch to keep up on as it oxidizes easily and scratches easily. I'm thinking on coating the whole thing with this stuff to help preserve it.

815a22b2.jpg

782d695d.jpg

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Just ordered the paint defender system which includes the spray nozzle and a few other things. I'm getting my car professionally detailed first and then I'll try this.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
In to here results. But after reading is this simular to clear plastic dip.. ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I ordered some from Amazon as well. I think Amazon and Autozone are the only places you can get it.

I have a polished hood, and it's a real bitch to keep up on as it oxidizes easily and scratches easily. I'm thinking on coating the whole thing with this stuff to help preserve it.

815a22b2.jpg

782d695d.jpg

That has to be really annoying for the driver Infront of you during a bright day....... :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member

815a22b2.jpg

782d695d.jpg

Wooooh! A polished hood? First time I've ever seen that on a 500, that looks cool as hell! Is it just polished sheet metal or did you have an aluminum hood made?

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
That has to be really annoying for the driver Infront of you during a bright day....... :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Actually you have to be almost directly over it to get a glare. It's never been an issue.

Wooooh! A polished hood? First time I've ever seen that on a 500, that looks cool as hell! Is it just polished sheet metal or did you have an aluminum hood made?
All GT500 hoods are aluminum, and new from Ford they come raw/unpainted. I picked up a new hood and spent about 25 hours on it.

I think all GT500 hoods are aluminum
Yes sir.

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member

815a22b2.jpg

782d695d.jpg
I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but holy mother of god does your hood look amazing. What did you do to that thing for 25hrs?!

Users who are viewing this thread