new paint idea

01MGSVT

Established Member
im wanting to do the top of my cobra in black. how do you think this would look on my 01 mineral grey coupe, with black chrome FR500s, 3inch cowl hood and the saleen wing? not using the Cobra R Bumper!! i made this car on my x-box so its just an idea!
DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I like it, but I think it mimics a vert a little too much. I am guessing you're not into painting the top half, as opposed to just the roof? Perhaps you can do the top half, where the body lines dictate, in black with a pearl that is close to your body color? I think it would be gorgeous.

01MGSVT

Established Member
I like it, but I think it mimics a vert a little too much. I am guessing you're not into painting the top half, as opposed to just the roof? Perhaps you can do the top half, where the body lines dictate, in black with a pearl that is close to your body color? I think it would be gorgeous.

i think the top half would be a little too much black for what im going for, but i do like the pearl idea!!

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
that red car looks ok but I'm sure how it would look w/ out the tint

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
don't over do it with the paint idea... keeping it nice and simple is how i roll.

01MGSVT

Established Member
like i said its just an idea for now, but im for sure putting the saleen spoiler on :rockon:
this is how my cobra is setting right now
DSC00062.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
^No bueno. It looks like the middle of your car is in primer.

I second that. I had a red '83 T-Top Mustang GT back in the day, and it had a black hood and black hatch. Looked OK, but it needed to be painted.

The key to making custom paint look good is to make it look like it was supposed to be there. Like someone from the factory thought about doing it.

I like the idea of a black roof on our bodystyle cars on certain occasions. That red car looks good, and I think it would look good with grey.

What I really like are Flat Black cars! Well, most flat black cars look like crap, but newer vehicles can look really good with it. That is, if it's done right. If it's done to make it look like you went out of your way to make it look good. Instead of doing it as an afterthought or a cover up, or a short cut.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I love your car the way it sits, but I do think you're on to something. The saleen wing ...definitely 1 piece, would look fantastic. I think the black roof doesn't look bad at all on MG, but putrid on the red. With a fair amount of MG pearl in it, I think it would definitely look amazing.

Hold it, hold it! I have another idea!
Those black chrome wheels look great on MG. How about doing a MG base on the roof with a black pearl through it? It would really compliment the wheels. You could even go as far as throwing black pearl along the body lines and blending? OR!!!! Do the roof in black with MG pearl, then put some black pearl on the body lines and blend?!!! That would really look amazing. Then you could find some Dark insert 04 seats? and paint the door inserts, etc, in MG with black pearl on top. A WINNER FOR SURE!.

Google paint with pearl and check out some of their stuff. I am looking into picking up a Metallic silver clearcoat 01 and doing black pearl on my bodylines as well.

01MGSVT

Established Member
hahaha man you have alot of ideas and i like them!! i was thinking black pearl before but wasnt sure if they made that or not!! i think ill go to the ppg store tomorrow and see what they can come up with! i think it looks awesome now but im just wanting to do something a little different on it!

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
has anyone ever seen a Mineral grey with a black top?

One of my buddies has a s-197 roush that is mineral grey with a black top.. It looks sharp!

Paint with pearl has black pearl, purple pearl, etc, I used them when I resprayed my Cobra a few years back. Quality stuff! Post some more pics of your ride, I really love it! Perhaps a few more angles will spark some more ideas! Maybe someone who is reading this thread can do a little photoshop for us so we can get an idea?

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
hahaha man you have alot of ideas and i like them!! i was thinking black pearl before but wasnt sure if they made that or not!! i think ill go to the ppg store tomorrow and see what they can come up with! i think it looks awesome now but im just wanting to do something a little different on it!

I totally agree! These cars have soo much visual potential it's crazy! The whole car just looks flat out aggressive! I really love it when I see a new edge sporting mach 1 c-pillars, Cobra rear bumper/decklid combo, bullit side scoops, and 01 Cobra front bumper covers dropped on a set of CCW's, True-forged or Fr-500 wheels. Not to mention, top all that with a terminator hood, Cobra r hood or... the saleen s-281E hood!!!!! Tiger racing sells them! and they look amazing. They call them something else, but they are identical to the s-281E sporting the multiple heat extractor vents! Check it out buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread