New Paint & Hood Pictures

gdub081

Established Member
I finally had the racing stripes repainted in DSG and installed a keystone shaker hood last week and just picked her up from the shop. I was going to go with a Cobra R hood but it would not fit right so I went with the shaker and I am glad it worked out like it did. The painter is one of the best in the region and I asked him for some subtle ghost flames in the stripes up the hood and think it came out great, let me know what you guys think.

When I purchased in June 07:

Temporary stripe fix:

Final Product(for now):

gdub081

Established Member
Thanks guys, I never really liked the stripes down the bumpers so I left them alone.

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
This has never made sense to me. With all the people putting stripes on there L why don't they go from top to bottom? I mean do the bumpers too? It looks great but to me always seems like an unfinished product. Can someone enlighten me on this.

gdub081

Established Member
This has never made sense to me. With all the people putting stripes on there L why don't they go from top to bottom? I mean do the bumpers too? It looks great but to me always seems like an unfinished product. Can someone enlighten me on this.

The front bumper is Huge on the L and I think it looks like Bubba from Forest Gump when its painted. Just my thought. I stared at the Purple L with stripes for hours before I decided what to do

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Looks awesome. Always loved the L with a shaker hood on it. and the flames came out perfect. not to much, not to little.
If I were you, I'd be estatic with the final product.

gdub081

Established Member
Looks awesome. Always loved the L with a shaker hood on it. and the flames came out perfect. not to much, not to little.
If I were you, I'd be estatic with the final product.

Thanks Shaggy, I love the way it came out. The bright white stripes were too much for me and DSG was just the color I needed to make it more subtle.

I guess I should throw a plug out for the paint shop if the mods don't mind. http://www.razorcustompaint.com/ They just got done painting a VT memorial bike that will be auctioned off for the fund and is supposed to be on some discovery channel special. If anyone near here needs any paint work or vinyl these guys are top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread