New P.B. VMP TVS

466roller

Established Member
Haven't posted in a while, some of you may have seen it already. Ran the car in Bradenton @ the Spring Break shootout and came away with a new personal best in my true daily driven '13 GT. Car is Tuned by Alex @VMP performance. Best part is this is on my daily driven tune. No special "race" tune. Drivability is awesome, trans shifting is on point at both WOT and cruising. It doesn't "stack" the gears under normal driving like others.

IMG_4657.jpg

'13 GT, '15 Long Block, VMP Gen2, 75mm pulley, Comp N.A cams, E85, Stock 6R80 w/2C converter, P.B.H Max build 8.8 3.15 gears, 325 ET Street R's. Car has stock suspension except for Viking rear shocks and Tig Vision A.R.B. Had a best 60' of 1.38. Car weighs 3950lbs. Hoping to go 9.50's with a few more cam timing tweaks.

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

corepwn

Established Member
Congrats on the new best!
How well do the 325s fit? Any messaging required, or did you have then built rear shortened?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's awesome! Congrats.

Is the '15 block stock? Who did the work in swapping out engines?

466roller

Established Member
Congrats on the new best!
How well do the 325s fit? Any messaging required, or did you have then built rear shortened?
They do touch the bump stop brackets when the axle is at full droop but no issues at ride height. I ended up removing them. I kept the axle width stock when I built the rear.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It is. I Bought a factory ford shortblock, a pair of heads, gaskets etc. I did all the work on the car, including buiding the rear end. I used my '13 cams, chains, phasers etc.
That's awesome. Thanks.
Enjoy.

StalkerStang

Established Member
Did you use your 13 SB and heads for the core charges on the 15+ stuff? Just curious, thought about doing this for my 11.....

466roller

Established Member
Donnie, how does Alex get around stacking the shifts like Lund does in his tunes?

LOL, he's spent countless hours in fine tuning the trans shift calibration on the car. I'm very picky about the shift schedule, not only the upshifts but also when the car downshifts and even unlocks the converter for "passing". It can all be adjusted, it's just one of those things that take time and multiple revisions. My last datalog # was 475!

4VFTW

Established Member
thats awesome Donnie, congrats. And I have to say the shift schedule on my lund tune makes me wish my car was a stick sometimes...annoying as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread