New Owner!!

14collegeflw5.0

Established Member
I got a 2014 base gt auto in dib and I love it! I came from a v6 challenger so the speed is incredible.. My questions is whats the best solution to the stupid license plate holes that are in my bumper. It doesnt bother me to much but its there. What are my options??:rockon:

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Welcome, and congrats on the car. As for the bumper holes, you can have a body shop seal them or get some push pins (designed for auto part trimming and moldings) from a local parts store and paint them.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Painting some plastic push pins with touch up paint for your paint code is probably the most cost effective option. Done this many times myself. On my current car I opted to try the 3M/Bondo glazing putty (#907) to fill the holes. Taped around the holes, filled in small layers, sanded and filled and sanded until it was as smooth as I could get it with slight concave to allow for paint thickness, painted with touch up brush with a few coats. You can see it if you look up close, but from a foot or two you'd never know it had the gaping holes ;)

5ai8.jpg

Last edited:

14collegeflw5.0

Established Member
Painting some plastic push pins with touch up paint for your paint code is probably the most cost effective option. Done this many times myself. On my current car I opted to try the 3M/Bondo glazing putty (#907) to fill the holes. Taped around the holes, filled in small layers, sanded and filled and sanded until it was as smooth as I could get it with slight concave to allow for paint thickness, painted with touch up brush with a few coats. You can see it if you look up close, but from a foot or two you'd never know it had the gaping holes ;)

5ai8.jpg

It looks goood! i really cant tell on the photo.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Thanks! Like I said you can't even see unless you're less than a foot away. Less noticeable than painted plastic push pins for sure. I'd say it's worth a shot for anyone really, worst case you can drill it back out and use the push pins if it doesn't turn out right.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
OP, welcome! Your best bet is to get a quote from a body shop. They will either do a "spot fix" and only sand, fill, and paint the area around the holes, or have them respray the entire bumper cover. Either will look fine as long as the shop knows what they are doing.

But I will warn you know, you need to get a removable LP bracket for your front license plate. Texas DPS officers are pulling people over for failure to display the front plate, which is a now a $230 fine with the state. I know from personal experience.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member

5ai8.jpg

Exactly what I was going to do with my Race Red 2011 GT if I had kept it. Looks fantastic!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Exactly what I was going to do with my Race Red 2011 GT if I had kept it. Looks fantastic!
Thanks man! Definitely give it a shot! I feel like it's a good compromise between the bumper plugs and having a shop fill the holes and repaint the whole bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread